Manager, Indirect Loan Processing
We are seeking an Indirect Loan Processing Manager who will report to the Vice President, Indirect Lending. The Indirect Loan Processing Manager is responsible for the timely and thorough processing of loan and lease applications and processing tasks. This position ensures the quality of every loan/lease application by maintaining awareness of federal/state regulations and company guidelines, policies and procedures. They will also lead the indirect loan processing team in achieving goals through coaching, development and training.
- Manages the indirect loan processing staff including hiring, training, performance management and coaching and development.
- Works with the Vice President, Indirect Lending to set goals and objectives, execute the business plan and analyze, improve and implement results in the areas of loan processing, quality, service, process improvement, technology and operations.
- Establish and ensure adequate staffing, goals setting, and performance standards
- Establishes, maintains and leads the indirect processing policies, procedures, processes, and compliance standards and ensures that documentation complies with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Participate and provide support as needed to new and existing projects within the department and credit union as needed.
- Assist, present, and discuss informational topics at department meetings and training.
- Coordinate activities with the Central Loan Vault team to ensure all liens are properly filed, recorded, received, and released in a timely manner.
- Proactively identifies efficiencies within job functions to increase effectiveness of the department and works with other departments to recommend and implement approved improvements and/or changes.
- Ensure loan and lease disbursements and Dealer Reserve Payments are processed efficiently and accurately to meet established time frames and department service levels are met or exceeded.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience processing indirect or consumer loans with at least 2 years managing loan processors. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Experience with indirect lending and processing structures within a financial institution.
- Demonstrated success in leading a team to achieve business results and goals.
- Proven expert knowledge of lending/compliance regulations, underwriting guidelines and document requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work some evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to the position. Must understand and comply with all job-related state and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.