Consumer Loan Processor
We are seeking a full-time Consumer Loan Processor to work in our Consumer Loan Processing Department. The Processor examines documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with existing underwriting guidelines, inputs and updates loan data into the computer system, and provides administrative support to loan officers. Regular hours are Monday – Friday, 8:45am – 5:15pm, with an evening/Saturday rotation once every 4 weeks.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Uses independent judgment, processes multiple types of consumer loans, subordinations and modifications.
- Verifies accuracy of loan applications according to current policies and procedures, and then inputs information into the current lending system when applicable.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Loan Officers and staff, processes mail, and answers loan processing related questions.
- Issues GAP policies and cancellation requests for GAP, life and disability insurance.
- Adds liens and registers vehicles for private party purchases. Monitors and scans documents needed from out-of-state dealerships and other financial institutions to finalize liens and registrations. Submits necessary documents to the appropriate entities. Processes UCC transactions to secure liens on non-titled property.
- Processes Early Disclosures for Home Equity loans. Orders necessary reports from third parties and ensures they are received in a timely manner. Sends valuation report(s) to members, if applicable.
- Receives, reviews, documents and saves final Extended Letter Reports and Title Policies to the imaging system and reports any discrepancies.
- Books home equity loans, completes loan file maintenance, and mails payoff letters and checks. Orders HELOC checks when requested.
- Monitors the daily denial report for accuracy, sends valuation report(s) to the member on denied home equity loans, and saves final weekly denial report to the imaging system.
- Performs other duties
- Must have graduated from high school or equivalent and have two years of lending, customer service or financial experience or one year of experience with Landmark.
- Must have experience or be able to gain proficiency in all programs and systems used for this job.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently and within deadlines.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.