We are seeking an AVP/Business Lender to support the Madison area. This position will sell and service business loans, depository accounts and other appropriate products and services to existing and new business members. This position also conducts discussions in person and over the phone with existing business members. This role is responsible for achieving/exceeding specific sales and service goals.
- Establishes and manages an ongoing and proactive calling program focused on existing and prospective business members.
- Interviews existing and prospective members applying for business loans and/or for business deposit services.
- Requests the appropriate financial information necessary to underwrite business loans per Landmark’s Business Lending Policy.
- Works with the Business Lending Underwriter or Portfolio Manager to underwrite business loans according to Landmark’s Business Lending Policy; and, when necessary, underwrites loans directly.
- When appropriate, attends and presents business loan requests to the Business Loan Committee.
- Works with the Business Loan Documentation personnel to ensure the right documents are generated for each loan. Reviews all loan documentation to ensure they properly represent approved terms and present all borrower information accurately.
- Ensures that all necessary documentation is complete per Landmark’s Business Lending Policy prior to loan closings.
- Resolves all loan exceptions in a timely manner.
- Continues to monitor business relationships to minimize risk of losses over time.
- Completes loan reviews and renewals as per Landmark’s Business Lending Policy.
- Assists in mentoring and training the branch staff in identifying potential business relationships.
- In addition to growing the business loan portfolio, also responsible for growing business deposits and selling additional business related products and services.
- Cross-sells other appropriate Landmark products and services.
- Assists with collection activities related to business loans and accounts.
- Represents Landmark Credit Union in the community by becoming involved in appropriate community activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 years of business lending experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Must be a credit-skilled lender and have knowledge of laws and regulations governing business lending and the ability to underwrite business loans.
- Must have strong sales profiling skills with a history of successful new customer generation.
- Must have experience or be able to gain proficiency in all programs and systems used for this job including systems related to deposit and loan products.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently as a valuable team member in a dynamic environment.
- Must have the ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must develop a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to this position. Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all job-related state and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.