Under supervision, the Crane Operator is responsible for operation of hydro and friction cranes for erection of structures or setting of equipment in or on structures. May repair and maintain equipment in addition to other duties
- Learn and follow LPR’s safety policies.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- Adjust levers and depress pedals to control attachments such as boom, loads, man-baskets, and ball.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, and levers, and depress pedals to operate machines such as friction and hydro cranes.
- Locate underground services, such as pipes and wires, and overhead potential hazards prior to beginning work.
- Align machines, loads, or overhead gauge markers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground, or position equipment following hand signals of other workers. Know load charts, and wind charts in accordance with safe operating procedures.
- Drive and maneuver equipment, remove and place loads and distribute materials and equipment to designated areas.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Repair and maintain equipment, making emergency adjustments or assisting with major repairs as necessary.
- Responsible for tear down and set up of crane and move in and out of crane from one location to the next.
- Talk to foremen and supervisors, and study instructions, plans, and diagrams, in order to establish work requirements.
- High level working knowledge of safe practices for load and crane rigging.
- Keep records of material and equipment usage, and problems encountered. Responsible for monthly maintenance logs, making sure they are turned in to Equipment Mgr. in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reporting any needed repairs to job GF/Superintendent and Equipment Mgr. and help facilitate repairs for crane that is being operated by operator.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Journeyman Crane Operator must have at least 6000 hours of on the job seat time for types of cranes that will be operated.
- NCCER or NCCCO Mobile Crane operator certification covering type of crane being operated preferred
- Must have Lattice Boom Experience with Luffer
- Current driver license with a good driving record
- Valid drivers’ license (with driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier) and ability to travel to/from and between projects.
Be part of LPR’s Team!
LPR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
This position is located in Denver, CO. View the Google Map in full screen.