Structural Steel Superintendent - Southeast Region
The Ironworker Superintendent must possess a Strong Structural Steel Knowledge and Erection Background and be able to oversee daily construction activities at the work site including scheduling of workers, delivery of equipment and materials, and progress of the project. The Superintendent needs to be familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures in specified discipline including preplanning and executing structural steel installation. This is a project-based position. Travel is required to states including but not limited to TN, AL, GA, VA, and FL.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly supervises a crew of LPR Construction workers. The crew size varies by the type and size of the job, and the magnitude of work to be done.
- Able to supervise steel erection raising gangs.
- Able to supervise steel erection structural steel and misc. steel detail crews.
- Represents the Company in project meetings and promotes good customer and public relations.
- Coordinates with General Contractor and/or Fabricator to complete work per contract.
- Creates a detailed short interval schedule that outlines project activities on a day-to-day basis: 30-Day-Look-Ahead when applicable.
- Reviews project model/drawings/design to identify the optimum balance between schedule, cost, quality, function and aesthetics.
- Aids in creation of crane plan to ensure safe crane and hoisting operations on all projects regardless of who is performing work.
- Responsible for the safety of LPR personnel assigned to him/her. Partners with the Safety Department to identify and resolve any risks that are inherent in the construction of the project striving for proactive and intentional leadership in a zero-injury safety culture.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules equipment needed for work area of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the PM.
- Is consistently aligned with the organization’s core values:
- Committed to Safety
- We Over Me
- Competitive Spirit
- Do What You Say
- Be Part of the Solution
- Driven to Learn and Share Knowledge
- 7-11 years of experience in craft supervision.
- NCCER certification for craft preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license (with driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier) and ability to travel to/from and between projects.
Please provide a list of past projects and your role at each project.
This position is located in N/A. View the Google Map in full screen.