Under supervision, the ironworker helper is responsible for completing tasks related to structural iron and steel erection and completing the tasks in a timely, quality manner while maintaining safety and productivity.
Normal construction job site conditions to include loud noises, dust, potential unseen hazards, and heavy equipment operating within close range. May include exposure to heights at times in excess of 40 feet. May include confined spaces, being exposed to outdoor elements for long periods of time, and may work long hours.
- Requisition tools and equipment, select type, and collect and transport materials and equipment to work site.
- Assist in work area layout, assembly and installation of structural steel. May include taking measurements, assisting with setting up rigging, unloading and shake out of material. Helper level 2 and 3 may do more progressive tasks i.e. bolt-up, detail work, laying deck, fastening structural steel members, etc.
- Install safety line and posts.
- Clean work area and assist in keeping it safe.
- Firewatch or other spotter duties.
- Perform work safely complying with LPR policies at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Is consistently aligned with the organization’s core values:
- Desire for Learning
- Teamwork Focused/Partnering
- Job Knowledge
Be part of LPR's Team
- Medical insurance and other insurance benefits available.
- Paid vacation & 6 paid holidays after 1 year of service.
This position is located in Hill AFB, UT. View the Google Map in full screen.