Ironworker Raising Gang Foreman
The Raising Gang Foreman has the function of supervising work crews and coordinating their materials and equipment requirements for each assigned project. Thrives in a fast-pace environment and works to complete assignments in a quickly and efficient manner. Highly knowledgeable in Structural Ironwork, specifically in raising gangs.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to pass Background Check.
- Supervise a crew of 4-6 ironworkers and perform a daily plan of action to ensure the crew has the resources needed to meet daily goals.
- Develops work schedules and crew assignments.
- Ability to understand and execute erection drawings.
- Become familiar with project by inspecting the drawings and participating in meetings with PM.
- Responsible for the quality of the work done by his/her crew by adhering to LPR Quality plans and designs to meet or exceed the quality control plan.
- Maintaining efficient construction review of design to identify optimum balance between schedule, cost, quality, function, and aesthetics. Participate in implementing effective schedule changes.
- Thorough, timely and effective input of data that relates field operations into project files, logs, records including payroll time entry.
- Planning, coordinating, and scheduling equipment needed for work area of responsibility.
- Foreman may perform labor in completing crew tasks i.e., welding, installing bolts, layout, unload trucks, operating heavy equipment such as forklifts, aerial lifts, etc.
- Establish and maintain positive, long-term relationships with customers.
- Communicate and coordinate with other Foreman onsite to ensure optimal workflow/Quality and safety.
- Responsible for the safety of LPR personnel assigned to him/her. Identify, notify of and resolve any risks that are inherent in the construction of the project striving for proactive and intentional leadership in zero injury safety culture.
- Is consistently aligned with the organization’s core values:
- Committed to Safety
- We Over Me
- Competitive Spirit
- Do What You Say
- Be Part of the Solution
- Driven to Learn and Share Knowledge
- Structural Steel 5 years +, 3 years + experience in craft supervising
- Flexible schedule to work additional hours including weekends
- Knowledge and ability to set up and use Eye Level and/or Theodolite utilizing provided bench marks and/or grid control offsets to set and/or verify member elevations, locations, and plumb
- Rigger Signal Experience must demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain, and perform crane hand signals.
- NCCER Rigger Card certification preferred. However, not required as long LPR's Rigger Signal Assessment is completed.
- OSHA 10 Certified, OSHA 30 is a plus
- Self-starter, highly motivated and goal-oriented individual with leadership skills
- Performance pay incentives
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term/ Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Saving Accounts
Be part of LPR’s Team!
This position is located in Newport News, VA. View the Google Map in full screen.