Structural D1.8 Welders
Under Supervision, the Journeyman Ironworker is responsible for completing tasks related to structural iron and steel erection and completing the tasks in a timely, quality manner.
- Bolt-up structural member, Connecting and following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Detail work that may include installing angle and bent plate, welding 3G and 4G.
- Rig structural-steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope.
- Read and interpret basic blueprints
- Use all safety and personal protective equipment for the purpose intended. Use of safety harness and lanyard for proper tie off.
- Walk/stand on girders or other structural-steel members to position them or use rope to guide them into position.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools including: turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and other tools.
- Must certify in welding procedures for LPR (See weld test pre-employment requirements below)
- 1” plate with steel backing, self-shielded flux core 3G and 4G positions. No gas shielded testing. (weld Innershield NR-233 wire)
- D1.8 - on 1" plate dual shield flux-core with 5/8 root opening
Be part of LPR’s Team!
- Pay rate starting at $32/hr
- Medical insurance and other insurance benefits available.
- Paid vacation & 6 paid holidays after 1 year of service.
This position is located in Hill AFB, UT. View the Google Map in full screen.