Under supervision, the Structural welder is responsible for welding structural members with welding procedures SMAW and/or FCAW.
- Join structural members together with welding procedures SMAW and/or FCAW.
- Perform work safely, complying with LPR policies at all times.
- Plan, lay-out, assembly, install and/or repair all types of structural members and related parts in accordance with the job specifications and plans.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of structural steel pieces.
- Test installed pieces and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
- Weld components according to the governing code and associated welding procedure specification (WPS).
- Follow established jobsite safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must certify in welding procedures for LPR (See weld test pre-employment requirements below)
- 1” plate with steel backing, self-shielded flux core 3G and 4G positions. No gas shielded testing. (weld Innershield NR-233 wire)
- NCCER Certification for Craft preferred
Be part of LPR’s Team!
At LPR you have the potential to work on a wide range of projects that include a number of exciting new commercial structural steel construction such as stadiums, museums, college buildings, airports and more. Be part of a safety driven team.
This position is located in Omaha, NE. View the Google Map in full screen.