Internal Audit Services Manager
JOB TITLE: Internal Audit Services Manager
Location: North Fort Myers, FL
Work Hours: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
Our benefits include:
- Company-wide annual incentive plan
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match
- Company funded Pension Plan
- On-site wellness/medical facility
- Company paid Short- & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Health Savings Account with an employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Wellness program with financial rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Group life insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 240,000 customers throughout a five-county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 900 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
Internal Audit Services Manager Position Summary: The Internal Audit Services Manager is responsible for the design and execution of a strategic, risk-based audit plan for the organization. The Internal Audit Manager will coordinate and collaborate with LCEC leadership to to ensure appropriate internal controls and effective processes are in place through a variety of audit reviews (e.g., operational, compliance) and identifying risks to the business. This role reports administratively to the Director of Administrative Services and functionally to the Audit Committee.
Internal Audit Services Manager Position Responsibilities
- Lead the annual audit planning process (to include maintenance of audit universe) by considering business initiatives and business challenges, as well as recognizing enterprise risk in order to provide strategic leadership in the development of an appropriate risk-based audit plan.
- Accomplish internal audit objectives by supervising external contractor resources and managing the performance of audit assignments. Demonstrate effective project management skills and team work to ensure reviews are performed efficiently, completed in a timely manner and yield high quality results. This includes writing or evaluating audit memos, reports and findings based upon review results.
- Provide valuable insight to management on significance of internal control findings and risk exposures. Identify control gaps and collaborate with the business and leadership to create appropriate action plans to remediate the identified control deficiencies. Oversee follow-up by management to determine whether appropriate actions have been taken to resolve audit issues.
- Prioritize work plans with the Audit Committee Chairperson and Audit Committee Members as appointed by the Board of Trustees. Effectively report control issues and /or significant risk(s) and recommendations for improvement to the Audit Committee.
- Interact and manage working relationship with the External Auditor and internal resources to complete external audits.
- Select and manage external partners to assist with accomplishing the approved audit plan and staying within the associated budget.
- Investigate cases of suspected fraud, ethics violations and other confidential internal matters.
- Performs special job-related projects, as requested and assigned.
- Participate in Major Storm Restoration efforts.
Internal Audit Services Manager Education
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Business Administration, Management, or related field. (Required)
- Master's Degree Accounting, Business Administration, Management, or related field. (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Seven (7) year’s progressive operational audit experience in a corporate environment. (Required)
- Demonstrated previous experience selecting external resources and effectively managing outcomes while staying within budget. (Required)
- Previous electric utility industry experience. (Preferred)
- Previous experience in compliance, risk assessment, project management and process improvement. (Preferred)
- Working Knowledge of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). (Required)
- Working Knowledge of commonly recognized internal controls and enterprise risk frameworks such as COSO or PCAOB. (Required)
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences; skillful negotiator; ability to be both forthright and diplomatic. (Required)
- Demonstrate executive presence, ability to relate well and manage difficult conversations with various levels of management to include senior leadership. Establish and foster positive working relationships across the organization. (Required)
- Ability to maintain independence while also supporting management, audit committee and external auditor to achieve strong outcomes. (Required)
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, manage multiple priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple stakeholders. (Required)
- Demonstrated strong business acumen; ability to evaluate processes and internal controls, analyze and solve problems, demonstrate critical thinking skills. (Required)
Physical Demands and Working Environment: The physical demands and working environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing Occasionally,
Repetitive Motions Frequently,
Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination Frequently,
- Working Environment: Frequently Air-conditioned office environment, Rarely Extreme cold, Rarely Extreme heat, Rarely Humidity, Rarely Wet, Occasionally Noise, Rarely Hazards, Rarely Temperature Change, Rarely Atmospheric Conditions, Rarely Vibration.
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS.... Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment: LCEC provides critical services to our community during an emergency. Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our LCEC members. Employees are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's guidelines and procedures.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.