Engineer Associate, System Planning
JOB TITLE: Engineer Associate, System Planning
Location: North Fort Myers, FL
Work Hours: M-F 8:00am -5:00pm
Our benefits include:
- Company-wide annual incentive plan
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match
- Company funded Pension Plan
- On-site wellness/medical facility
- Company paid Short- & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Health Savings Account with an employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Wellness program with financial rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Group life insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 240,000 customers throughout a five-county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 830 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
Engineer Associate, System Planning Position Summary: This position is responsible for performing a broad scope of technical duties and engineering assignments, supporting senior staff, in a variety of disciplines within the Electric Operations division.
- Data Retrieval for Analysis & Reporting: Retrieve Scada data for system, delivery points, substations, and feeders. Retrieve hourly PV generation, PV capacity, and number of PV customers data. Retrieve weather data.
- Electric System Knowledge: Learn & understand LCEC’s electric system components and activities. Interface with various personnel & departments to ensure efficient resolution to issues. Expand knowledge of industry standards, developments and technology.
- Distribution Analysis: Develop and update system, delivery point, substation, and feeder forecasts. Perform distribution load flow studies based on load forecast, Perform distribution contingency analysis, perform distribution capacitor studies as needed, perform phase balancing analysis as needed, perform motor start and voltage dip analysis as needed, update short circuit distribution impedance data, update and maintain black start analysis for distribution feeders, perform distribution operational studies as needed, develop capital budget projects for distribution system improvement, update and maintain PV generation report, perform PV studies on the distribution system, update and maintain distribution modeling software databases, develop work plans for distribution capital budgets, develop routes and tie points for new feeders, review renewable generation interconnection requests.
- Transmission Analysis: Develop and update transmission line impedance data, update and maintain, transmission line ratings, perform transmission load flow studies based on substation forecast loads, perform transmission contingency analysis, update and maintain internal company policies and RSAWs for applicable NERC standards, review and provide remedies if needed for FRCC long range and operation seasonal studies, update and maintain transmission facility data for transmission analysis software.
- Substation Analysis: Develop and maintain substation transformer impedance data, perform substation contingency studies, perform studies to determine locations for new substations.
- Software: Become proficient in utilizing System Planning software tools for distribution, transmission, substation, line impedance, transients, PV, data retrieval, and forecasting.
- Relationship Building: Maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
- Associate's Degree EET (Required) or
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering (Required)
- 2+ to 5 Years' experience (Required)
- 2+ to 5 Years' engineering experience (Preferred)
- 2+ to 5 Years' experience in power engineering profession (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications
- Driver License, Valid and in State Florida driver's license or ability to obtain one upon employment Upon Hire (Required)
Physical Demands and Working Environment: The physical demands and working environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing Occasionally,
Repetitive Motions Frequently,
Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination Frequently
- Working Environment: Rarely Extreme cold, Rarely Extreme heat, Rarely Humidity, Rarely Wet, Occasionally Noise, Rarely Hazards, Rarely Temperature Change, Rarely Atmospheric Conditions, Rarely Vibration.
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS.... Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment: LCEC provides critical services to our community during an emergency. Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our LCEC members. Employees are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's guidelines and procedures.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.