IT Business Analyst, Sr.
JOB TITLE: IT Business Analyst Sr
Location: North Fort Myers, FL
Work Hours: Must adhere to IT on-call procedures and be available for 24/7 support if required.
Our benefits include:
- Company-wide annual incentive plan
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match
- Company funded Pension Plan
- On-site wellness/medical facility
- Company paid Short- & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Health Savings Account with an employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Wellness program with financial rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Group life insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 240,000 customers throughout a five-county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 830 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
IT Business Analyst Sr. Position Summary
This position is responsible for the IT business analysis and production support of multiple LCEC business applications, IT project management and process improvement roles for enhancements, upgrades, and small to larger scaled IT projects. One of the primary responsibilities will be to execute the technical designs and software configurations to enable Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) processes that will support simulation through automation. This position will have the responsibility to ensure that processes are ready for handover to the Development department.
IT Business Analyst Sr. Position Responsibilities
Interface with Business Stakeholders and IT teams to define, gather, and document business processes and needs, and translate into detailed functional specifications for development or configuration as well as project tasks, use cases, test plans.
Perform business systems and process analysis of existing and future systems/processes.
Conduct interviews and requirements gathering workshops. Document business, stakeholder, solution and transition requirements. Ensure sign-off of all artifacts.
Assist in training plan development and training, support for users, and developing user documentation (i.e., web manuals, reference guides, etc.).
Analyze current state and emerging technology/application functionality and business needs proactively to add value.
Incident and Change Management:
- Provide management of resolution for overall incident occurrence and requests for change within assigned portfolio. Lead in the preparation and delivery of portfolio status updates to business leaders. Ensure that application specific change manage-ment forums are following LCEC’s change management methodology.
- Identify and documenting end-user requirements, use cases, user stories. Analyze recommend-ed automated solutions.
- Third Party: Fully understand the functions of third-party application software and technical requirements. Evaluate business requirements and compare to software functionality. Assist business leaders and functional project managers with gathering requirements to complete the vendor requests for information and request for proposal documentation.
Portfolio, Project and Process Management Support:
- Project Management: Manage small-to-large projects. Oversee the identification and documentation of requirements for targeted deliverables, service level agreements, and implementation events. Provide business analyst support to business owners for projects and processes within assigned portfolio. Use standard project management tools such as MS Project for assigned projects. Assume a leading role in the administration of LCEC’s PMO discipline. Provide on-going PM support and cross-training to LCEC project managers.
- Process Improvement: Provide ownership within assigned portfolio areas to document and communicate high-level systems functions, processes, and interfaces. Lead efforts to implement process improvement opportunities based on customer feedback. Oversee the LCEC Process Architecture Roadmap and associated data repositories. Assume a leading role in LCEC’s Process Improvement program. Lead technical designs and software configurations to enable BPEL processes that will support simulation through automation.
- Subcommittees: Participate in portfolio specific subcommittees to address, prioritize, and propose IT solutions and alternatives, while keeping business needs, performance, usability, and quality in mind. Meet with business leaders to address requests for change and any associated escalations to the Executive Steering Committee.
Customer Service Support:
- Soft Skills: Model, monitor, and promote proactive and positive interaction between IT, user community, and vendor or consulting teams. Facilitate resolution of improvement opportunities where needed. Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Suggest and provide effective team interaction coaching to team members.
- Communication: Deliver concise written and oral communication to IT and the LCEC user community for production support issues as well as assigned enhancements or project tasks. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding occurs during all interpersonal contacts.
- Partner with functional leaders to promote, create, and maintain end-user training material for new and modified application functionality as well as daily business-as-usual training (e.g., closing tender controls). Provide project management and process improvement cross-training to LCEC resources where required.
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree Computer or Business-related field (Required) or
- Associate degree Plus seven (7) additional years’ experience (Required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented de-sign, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards. (Required)
- Understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, etc.) (Required)
- Understanding of data modeling and data structures. (Required)
- Proficient with requirements tools, such as Requisite Pro, Caliber RM or Rational tools. (Required)
- Electric utility business application. (Preferred)
- Experience with business process redesign (Preferred)
- Proficient in query language(s) and/or a background in programming. (Preferred)
- Proficient with Structured Query Language (SQL). (Preferred)
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Project management certification (Preferred)
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical Demands: May be required to sit for extended periods of time at a desk/computer terminal. Able to view computer monitor from a reasonable distance.
- Work Environment: Air-conditioned office, computer room.
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS.... Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment: LCEC provides critical services to our community during an emergency. Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our LCEC members. Employees are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's guidelines and procedures.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.