Transmission Design Engineer, Sr. ($$Relocation Bonus$$)
JOB TITLE: Engineer Sr, Transmission Design
Location: North Fort Myers, FL
Work Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional call out/after hours
Our benefits include:
- Company-wide annual incentive plan
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match
- Company funded Pension Plan
- On-site wellness/medical facility
- Company paid Short- & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Health Savings Account with an employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Wellness program with financial rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Group life insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Pet Insurance
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 240,000 customers throughout a five county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 830 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for all phases of designing mid to high voltage electrical transmission line systems for the electric utility industry, permitting, supporting the construction of transmission projects, and establishing and maintaining transmission material and construction standards.
- Transmission Design: Perform duties associated with all phases of transmission line design work, including line routing, tower spotting, design criteria, structural design, foundation design, plan and profile drawings, assembly drawings, bill of material, cost estimates, EMF calculations, and permitting, for line voltages through 138kV.
- Project Management: Perform team project management duties and participate on project teams where the teams are responsible for project scheduling, cost management, and coordinating all aspects of the project.
- Contract Administration: Prepare scope of work for construction contracts. Provide technical support and review contractor work for design compliance.
- Standards and Specifications: Prepare and maintain transmission material, design and construction specifications and standards, incorporating special expertise to address unique local environmental conditions
- Permitting: Ensure permitting requirements are met for projects.
- Outages: Investigate transmission outages.
- Compliance: Demonstrate compliance with applicable NERC standards as they apply to Operations. Interface with E&O workgroups to support their compliance efforts, as needed. Assist with training as required by the NERC standards.
- Troubleshoot: Investigate system reliability, maintenance, and operational issues and recommend corrective action. Analyze planned transmission outages and report on impacts to the transmission grid reliability. Evaluate and resolve real-time operational T&D System issues.
- Communications: Maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
- Technical Support: Provide technical support to other LCEC employees and contractors to insure safe, reliable, and efficient operation of LCEC’s transmission system.
- Mentor, train, and review the work of less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree BS / Civil/Structural Engineering (Required)
- Master's Degree Civil/Structural Engineering (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency with PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE software. (Required)
- Experience with AutoCAD. (Required)
- Working knowledge of ANSI/IEEE, NESC, NEC, ASCE, ACI, AISC, and OSHA standards as applied to transmission lines. (Required)
- Experience creating a design model with LIDAR survey data. (Required)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. (Required)
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and demands. (Required)
- Strong analytical, decision analysis and problem-solving skills. (Required)
- Ability to work effectively in high-energy and fast-paced environment. (Required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (Required)
- Recognition in the profession as a specialist in field (i.e., teaching, writing, etc.) (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications
- Driver License, Valid and in State Florida driver's license or ability to obtain one upon employment Upon Hire (Required)
- Professional Engineer (PE): Active license in another U.S. state is acceptable. A Florida PE license must be acquired through endorsement within one year. (Required)
Physical Demands and Working Environment: The physical demands and working environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing Occasionally,
Lifting Rarely up to 25 lbs,
Repetitive Motions Frequently,
Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination Frequently,
- Working Environment: Frequently Air-conditioned office environment, Rarely Extreme cold, Occasionally Extreme heat, Occasionally Humidity, Rarely Wet, Occasionally Noise, Rarely Hazards, Rarely Temperature Change, Rarely Atmospheric Conditions, Rarely Vibration.
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS.... Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment: LCEC provides critical services to our community during an emergency. Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our LCEC members. Employees are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's guidelines and procedures.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.