Specialist I, GIS
JOB TITLE: Specialist I, GIS
Location: North Fort Myers, FL
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, eight (8) hours per day; starting time somewhat flexible between 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
Our benefits include:
- Company-wide annual incentive plan
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match
- Company funded Pension Plan
- On-site wellness/medical facility
- Company paid Short- & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Health Savings Account with an employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Wellness program with financial rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Group life insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Pet Insurance
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 230,000 customers throughout a five county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 830 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
This position is responsible for creating and updating LCEC's electronic mapping and drafting systems in the System Graphics department. Performs advanced updates to Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Provide drafting support to the Engineering and Operations Division.
- Update GIS system maps from final as-built work requests and additional sources.
- Create and update system drawings as required.
- Maintain system connectivity model in GIS system.
- Perform field checks to GPS electric facilities and verify accuracy or discrepancies from as-built work requests.
- Communicate with internal and external customers.
- Responsible for delivering projects and tasks on time and within budget.
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
- Associate's Degree (Required) or High School Diploma plus 2 yrs experience with GIS or CAD (Required) or
- Associate's Degree drafting and design -- or completion of 2 year vocational / certificate program using AutoCAD or ESRI, or NISC MapWise (Preferred) or
- High School Diploma plus 2 years direct GIS (ArcMap, or MapWise, or CAD (AutoCad) experience (Preferred)
- 3 Years experience with PC MS Office Suite (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and presentation software) (Required)
- 2 Years experience in drafting or mapping environment (Required)
- 1 Year experience in electric utility drafting environment or mapping environment (Preferred)
- 1 Year experience creating & maintaining data using NISC MapWise, AutoCAD or ArcMap software (Preferred)
- 1 Year experience with GPS technology & data collection (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications
- Driver License: Must possess & maintain a valid Florida drivers license within 30 days of hire (Required)
Physical Demands and Working Environment: The physical demands and working environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Substantial periods at computer terminal and screen.
- Walk from workstation to workstation.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, plotters, laminator, etc.).
- Some field work to verify and GPS jobs.
- Must be able to distinguish colors and depths.
- Vast majority - office environment with some field work.
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS.... Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment: LCEC provides critical services to our community during an emergency. Employees are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our LCEC members. Employees are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's guidelines and procedures.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.