Senior Electrical Engineer
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking a Senior Electrical Engineer with experience designing and developing advanced, high speed electronic circuits. This position requires experience transitioning R&D designs to production-level products. High proficiency in using electronic test equipment including spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, power meters, signal generators in aid of design verification testing. Proficiency with CAD design tools for schematic design & entry, circuit simulation and high-speed signal integrity simulation. Experience in the satellite, consumer electronics or telecommunications industry strongly desired.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, analyze & debug electronic components, assemblies, and systems to meet performance, functional and cost goals as required
- Create design specifications for electronic and/or electromechanical mechanical components, assemblies and systems as required
- Simulate circuits to validate internal and external designs as needed
- Create and provide detailed schematic design documents and information for placement and layout
- Develop test and assembly fixtures and procedures for electronic and mechanical components, assemblies and systems as required
- Perform initial board bring up, verification and test of electronic assemblies and systems
- Serve as a lead electrical engineer on internal programs or projects. Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers on daily engineering tasks
- Oversee PCB design, and lab prototypes
- Assist in customer related technical problems and training when necessary
- Train engineering & production staff in assembly, test and design procedures as required
- Work closely with outside part and service vendors to facilitate planning, design, development, and formal test of systems in a fast-paced environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of hands-on, hardware engineering experience
- Strong Electrical Engineering fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of schematic design and layout using CAD tools for PCB design such as OrCAD, Cadence Allegro, or Altium Designer
- Experience with Serial communications interfaces, UART, line drivers/receivers, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience with high density layouts and designs
- Experience leading a project or small, cross-functional team of engineers with proven results
- Experience with circuit design to meet automotive, FCC part 15, UL safety compliance, and additional government certifications
- Experience with creating and implementing make/buy strategies and supplier engagement for contract manufacturing is desirable
- Hands-on experience with customer training and engagement is desirable
- Additional experience in embedded and wireless communication systems is highly desirable
- Experience creating products or designs for regulated industries such as commercial aviation, automobile, or government is desirable
- FPGA implementation preferred
- BSEE (or equivalent) required, MSEE preferred
Kymeta is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. In the spirit of pay transparency, we have determined the salary range for this position to be $140k - $190k. This is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would be atypical, in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. Compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and geography. The total compensation package for this position includes an annual target bonus of 10%, stock options, and benefits listed below. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
Medical Plans: A choice between two competitive options
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Vision & Dental
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
- Exempt employees: Flexible PTO and 12 paid holidays per year
- Nonexempt employees: 15 vacation days, 7 sick days and 12 paid holidays per year
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.