Antenna Test Engineer
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking for an Antenna Test Engineer responsible for providing state-of-the-art RF measurement capacity for research, design, development, and production of Kymeta Antenna. More specifically, the candidate will derive RF test & measurement requirements from Kymeta Antennas Product requirement; and design, develop and implement the RF test methods, fixtures and automation as a part of Test Engineering team. We are seeking persistent, curious, self-motivated and self-discipline individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of RF test methodologies, approaches, and hardware per Product Requirements
- Design, Develop and implement the RF test hardware, fixtures, and automation
- Continuous improvement of the NF/CATRs, fixtures, software, and procedures
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in Electromagnetics theory and Antenna fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience in RF measurement theory and practice using VNA, Spectrum/Signal Analyzer, Power Meter, etc
- 1+ years of programming experience in Python or MATLAB
- 3+ years of experience with designing RF test solutions
- 3+ years of performing K band or higher RF measurements in PNF/CNF/SNF/CATRs
- Demonstrated ability to perform NIST 18 Term antenna test range error assessments
- Experience with Commercial Antenna Test Software (Orbit/FR 959, NSI/MI-3000)
- Experience with RF simulation tools and advanced math skills/tools
- MS or Ph.D. in RF/EE or related field
- Relevant granted Patents and/or articles published in IEEE Journals (or equivalent)
Kymeta is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. In the spirit of pay transparency, we have determined the salary range for this position to be $90k - $150k. This is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would be atypical, in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. Compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and geography. The total compensation package for this position includes an annual target bonus of 10%, stock options, and benefits listed below. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
Medical Plans: A choice between two competitive options
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Vision & Dental
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
- Exempt employees: Flexible PTO and 12 paid holidays per year
- Nonexempt employees: 15 vacation days, 7 sick days and 12 paid holidays per year
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.