IT Systems and Security Engineer
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking for an IT Systems and Security Engineer with a can-do attitude, willing to learn what’s needed, stake out work, and drive projects to completion. The work is comprehensive, the team is hard-working, and the experience will be invaluable. The range of projects, and scope of growth opportunity is great.
You bring experience in planning, implementation, administration, and support of projects for both on-prem and in the cloud (Microsoft 365 and Azure) environments. You challenge yourself to continuously improve the platforms from security, availability, and performance in line with the org’s vision and stakeholders’ expectations. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and support security incident prevention, detection, and response across the enterprise
- Manage Microsoft 365 security (E5), including deployment and management (Defender and Defender ATP, Intune, Modern Device Management (MDM), Autopilot, etc.
- Create and manage security policies, conditional access policies, and identity and access management (IAM)
- Monitor and suggest remediation of device compliance of servers and end user devices, including laptops and workstations
- Administer Azure network security concepts and tools as well as 3rdparty cloud security products like Valtix
- Support on-prem technologies including Cisco (FMC/FTD, ISE, WLC and SD-WAN), VMware, Nimble, Windows, Linux (Ubuntu), Mac and more
- Ensure security configurations are applied uniformly (where appropriate) to newly added Azure and on-prem infrastructure and that monitoring of same is effective
- Assist in preparing for CMMC, SOC 2, SOX, and other certifications as needed
- Expected to manage and organize your own time to drive success
- Use strong communication skills (verbal and written) to collaborate across teams
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Required professional experience with Microsoft 365 suite of management and endpoint protection solutions
- Professional experience with Microsoft Azure security, enterprise applications, and associated monitoring tools
- Professional experience using Configuration Management Tools like Microsoft Intune or ManageEngine Endpoint Central
- Professional experience managing Cisco security, e.g., designing and applying access control lists
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Be comfortable making recommendations
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, engineers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environment
A PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Professional experience in incident response, threat hunting, audit, vulnerability management, or regulatory compliance
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and architectures
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and security policy-as-code
- Understanding of DevOps, Scrum, and ITIL concepts
- PowerShell or Python scripting
- Azure Certification
Kymeta is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. In the spirit of pay transparency, we have determined the salary range for this position to be $90 - $150k. This is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would be atypical, in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. Compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and geography. The total compensation package for this position includes an annual target bonus of 10%, stock options, and benefits listed below. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
Medical Plans: A choice between two competitive options
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Vision & Dental
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
- Exempt employees: Flexible PTO and 12 paid holidays per year
- Nonexempt employees: 15 vacation days, 7 sick days and 12 paid holidays per year
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.