Sales Director, Canada
Sales and related
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking for a Sales Director who will primarily focused on distributors and customers in Canada and the Yukon Territories. This position will support existing partners and customers once they are established but will initially be responsible for developing new distribution partners within the region. Daily activities will include various webex, phone, or in-person presentations and explanations of hardware, satellite and cellular connectivity, and support services. The position will be the first point of contact for assigned distributors and customers in support of Pricing, Engineering, Training, Marketing, Accounting, and Logistics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure inventory is stored in an organized manner
- Address needs of assigned and prospective VARS and customers
- Coordination of documents, contracts, price lists for equipment, satellite and LTE capacity, and support
- Close coordination with Sales Operations for product and price quotes
- Collaboration with VARs toward developing opportunities and supporting sales efforts
- Identifying new sales opportunities within customer base
- Presentation of all aspects of Kymeta Solutions to distribution partners and customers
- Liaise between distribution partners and other departments of Kymeta including Sales Ops, Product Development, Logistics, Engineering, and Training
- Attend Kymeta meetings as needed and participate in required training and development
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of previous experience in a warehouse role
- Knowledge of satellite systems, networks, and equipment
- Familiarity with current satellite technologies Dish vs Flat Panel terminals, LEO vs GEO orbits, etc
- Familiarity with LTE systems and networks
- Strong customer facing abilities including presentation and negotiation
- Ability to work effectively from a remote location
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Time management ability to balance administrative tasks including reporting and email response with customer facing duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Additional technical or service training a plus
Kymeta is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. In the spirit of pay transparency, we have determined the salary range for this position to be $150k - $200k. This is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would be atypical, in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. Compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and geography. The total compensation package for this position includes a sales incentive plan, stock options, and benefits listed below. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
Medical Plans: A choice between two competitive options
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Vision & Dental
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
- Exempt employees: Flexible PTO and 12 paid holidays per year
- Nonexempt employees: 15 vacation days, 7 sick days and 12 paid holidays per year
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.