Senior RF Antenna Engineer
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking for a Senior RF Antenna Engineer who will use metamaterial technology to provide next generation satellite communications services using flat, thinner, lighter, and more efficient and less expensive solutions compared to traditional satellite antenna technologies. As a member of Kymeta’s research and antenna design team, a successful candidate will apply skills and experience in development of state of the art electronically scanned antennas. The candidate will accept ownership of assigned projects and apply initiative in developing solutions from conception thru hardware qualification. The candidate will champion ideas in a multifunctional work environment, participate in development of design verification prototypes and collaborate with software, system and mechanical engineers. We are seeking creative, flexible individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and development of beam steering antennas concepts
- Analytical and fullwave analysis of waveguide and antenna components
- Prototype and hardware development in collaboration with mechanical and process engineers for small scale proof of concept and full-scale antenna prototypes
- Collaborate with test engineers to conduct comprehensive farfield and nearfield measurements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with design and hardware implementation of array antennas and passive microwave devices in Ku to Ka band. Experience with electronically scanned antenna is a significant plus.
- Experienced in using ANSYS HFSS for fullwave analysis
- Experienced in scientific and numerical programming languages such as Python and Matlab
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers in a cross-functional team
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of experience or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Optics or Applied Mathematics
Kymeta is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. In the spirit of pay transparency, we have determined the salary range for this position to be $140k - $190k. This is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would be atypical, in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. Compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and geography. The total compensation package for this position includes an annual target bonus of 10%, stock options, and benefits listed below. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
Medical Plans: A choice between two competitive options
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Vision & Dental
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
- Exempt employees: Flexible PTO and 12 paid holidays per year
- Nonexempt employees: 15 vacation days, 7 sick days and 12 paid holidays per year
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.