Senior Systems Integration & Test Engineer
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking for a Senior Systems Integration & Test Engineer who will work with highly talented teams of multi- disciplined engineers to develop the next generation of satellite-based mobile communication systems. A successful candidate will be responsible for overall system quality through the product development process. This person will work to improve the quality framework and technical maturity assessments in our fast-changing and iterative environment. We are seeking persistent, curious, self-motivated, and self-disciplined individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate, test, collect, and analyze data from new components under consideration for system integration
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain manual and automated RF test systems
- Audit product requirements and architecture documentation for to ensure that requirements are measurable and testable
- Generate Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) / Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and prototype test sets for Manufacturing based on DFMEA and PFMEA
- Execute testing to assess product maturity as it progresses through new product introduction lifecycle
- Experience with Design of Experiment (DOE) approaches in order to lead for test failures both internally and based on field reports
- Guide high-level integration planning to meet aggressive product maturity goals while integrating technology updates from a rapidly iterative research team
- Perform troubleshooting and fault isolation on RF systems including activities like signal capture and analysis to troubleshoot system performance
- Mentor junior team members on best practices related to coding, data analysis, testing, and integration
- Work to improve efficient, repeatable test methodologies on a distributed system that includes hardware, software, and mobile components
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience with consumer electronics mass production highly desirable
- Experience with Unix, Linux, and Windows is required
- Experience with Python or other scripting language is required
- Experience working with Matlab is desirable
- Experience with automation of lab test equipment, such as signal generators, vector network analyzers, and digital oscilloscopes
- Experience with standard software engineering tools, such as git, Docker, Jenkins and Jira
- Experience programming a Kuka robot, or similar 6-axis industrial robot, is highly desirable
- Experience with satellite communication protocols is desirable
- Familiarity with the Software Development Lifecycle is desirable
- Experience working with the military is desirable
- Must be able to travel internationally and acquire all necessary travel documents
- B.S. required/M.S. preferred in EE, RF, Systems Engineering, or related field
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.