Senior Systems Engineer
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who will work with multi-disciplined engineers to architect and design the next generation of satellite-based mobile communication platforms. This role will work with our product development, hardware and software teams to translate market and customer requests into system requirements and detailed specifications. The ideal candidate will be able to lead and direct design, modeling and analysis efforts, and will develop performance expectations for features which provide a seamless mobile experience on satellite networks. The Senior Systems Engineer will contribute as a both a lead and contributor in the technical direction of systems, software architecture, and algorithms by helping solve complex mobile satellite communication and networking challenges.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Lead system level architecture and design of satellite terminal platforms and networks
- Establish the plan of record for large engineering projects
- Collaborate with product team to define requirements for next-gen satellite communication platforms
- Develop and maintain design collateral such as physical block diagrams, integration diagrams, network diagrams, CBOMs and size, weight, power, performance budgets
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to inform design, and communicate progress to executive stakeholders
- Work with engineering teams on system level design specifications, analysis and trade-offs, including definition of both hardware and software requirements, features, and integration tests
- Develop gate review collateral to demonstrate maturity commensurate with product development phase
- Identify, prioritize, and drive mitigation of system level risks
- Perform modeling and link budget analysis of wireless communications systems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferred 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: RF system design, satellite communication system design, mmWave 5G UE system design
- Demonstrated ability to influence and set technology standards and process direction
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Manufacturing and Supply Chain organizations
- Demonstrated leadership throughout the product lifecycle from concept through development and launch with an understanding of support and end of life
- Modeling and simulation experience using industry tools (e.g. MATLAB, STK, NumPy, GIS)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated toolkit of creative and logical approaches grounded in advanced data analysis and interpretation skills. Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize data from many different sources such as experimental measurements, computational models and field data
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.