Technical Software Product Manager
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking for a Technical Product Manager focused on software and user experience. You will own the what and the why for the things we build. This challenging effort involves close interaction with our customers, channel partners, strategic engagements, and end-to-end teams from our scientist to support technicians. You will have a chance not just to contribute to innovation, but to be celebrated for your contributions. If you are a creative problem solver with a bias to action, like getting down into the details, like solving complex problems, and lean in on inventing the future of communications, you will love working at Kymeta.
This position is a hybrid of work from home and at our campus in Redmond, WA, and reports to the Director of Product Management. Candidates can work 2-5 days in the office per week.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the definition of the current and next-generation platform software, including but not limited to the development of product requirements, competitive analysis and positioning, tradeoff analysis and recommendation, scorecarding of features, driving prioritization, and grooming of backlogs
- Be the constant voice of the customer to Engineering and internal teams on potential updates and changes to our current software-based solutions
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the product, service, ecosystem, and use cases
- Interact with customers and customer-facing teams to obtain their feedback and factor that into product planning
- Maintain roadmap, requirement, and release alignment with other product managers
- Educate and evangelize business priorities and priority changes to the cross-functional working teams
- Stay on top of market trends, standards, new technologies, best practices, and participate in relevant industry groups
- Contribute to the requirements development, scorecarding, and prioritization for the Kymeta Access application and portal
- Contribute to software-related customer communications and go-to-market execution
- Contribute to journey mapping for customer and user experiences
- Contribute to product roadmapping and platforming exercises
- Contribute to internal and external product-related communications, including release notes, user documents and guides
- Contribute to product-specific content, including spec sheets, white papers, ICDs, and RFI responses
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A passion for technology, invention, and innovation. Eager to test and use your products in the real world
- 5+ years of technical product management, being a product owner, program or project manager, or engineering experience in software, application, and/or cloud environments
- An aptitude to methodically manage a wide variety of competing requirements, needs, and interests in a fast-paced environment
- A bias to action with an ability to be flexible and resourceful, with a "figure it out and get it done" mentality
- Demonstrated understanding of the product lifecycle from concept to end of support for software-defined hardware products and functional knowledge of agile software development for non-tangible user tools and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to empathize with our customer and user challenges
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Candidates preferred with translatable experience in communications, satellite, radar, microwave technologies, or related fields, and experience working in mobility markets such as transportation, automotive, rail, maritime, or aviation
- Strong communication skills; articulate when presenting ideas and talking about our products and services, including verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate humble curiosity with the willingness to discuss questions or uncertainties, and find answers
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Military experience is a plus
- Advanced degree desired
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.