Senior Big Data Development Engineer
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking for a Senior Big Data Development Engineer, focused on building highly scalable transactional distributed data stores to enable our next generation satellite communication systems. This is your chance to get in at the start of a new team, contribute to technical direction, and help drive innovative ideas assuring the success of our services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and extend our existing near-real-time data pipelines
- Plan and implement future direction & architecture of our data platform and applications running atop it
- Plan and implement analysis/machine learning over historical datasets
- Work with stakeholders to acquire and import new datasets into DL from internal and third-party sources, and to determine their cloud processing needs
- Create monitoring to detect slowdowns or problems
- Diagnose and fix slowdowns or problems
- Track and optimize Azure spending
- Document the system and provide training in its structure and use to other employees
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Practical and theoretical understanding of big data concepts and challenges
- Building highly efficient ETL process on top of Spark, Kafka or other big data technologies
- 2+ years developing with one or more programming languages Python, Scala, Java, or C
- Experience with real-time or near-real-time streaming processing
- Background working with at least 2 or more of the following data stores (MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Neo4J, Cassandra, CosmosDB)
- Demonstrated experience in large-volume, high-traffic, transactional, and highly scalable database systems
- Experience integrating database systems with service bus architecture or message queues
- Test driven development focus and experience
- Development experience on both Linux/Unix and Windows environments
- Worked extensively with PaaS and IaaS cloud technologies provided by Azure / AWS
- Experience with OWASP security practices (e.g. SQL injection)
- Proven track record of building highly scalable services and backend processing technologies
- In-depth understanding of software development lifecycles
- Experience integrating database development into at least one source control systems (e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN)
- Worked with CI/CD build pipelines a plus
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field or equivalent
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.