USG Account Manager
Sales and related
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
Join our team in developing exciting new technology, which will change communication all over the world. Come work alongside brilliant colleagues who share a commitment to each other’s success and are making the future now!
Kymeta is seeking a Government Account Manager (GAM) to develop the USG civilian vertical. The GAM will be responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and supporting current business activities within the USG civilian marketplace by leveraging existing technologies, customer knowledge, and ongoing collaboration. The GAM will build key relationships and interface regularly with all aspects of the USG. The GAM also provides guidance, advice, and support to Kymeta Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Product Management surrounding the needs of the customer.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain trusted partner relationships with senior USG customers, current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners
- Foster customer relationships with all relevant USG teams responsible for requirements, budgeting, programming, acquisition, fielding, testing and evaluation
- Lead efforts for USG proposals for satellite communications solutions, developing and executing strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities
- Assist customers in meeting their requirements and closing capability gaps with products and services available from Kymeta and in partnership with Kymeta business partners
- Coordinate with internal Kymeta teams to prepare and present briefings and host discussions with customers which highlight Kymeta capabilities and solutions against customer requirements, identifying any shortfalls
- Provide demonstrations of Kymeta solutions to prospective customers, coordinate test and evaluation activities, and provide internal organizational feedback on these activities
- Liaise with engineering departments and NOC operations groups to develop viable technical solutions; stay current with product offerings and network solutions capabilities
- Assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers in the USG marketplace
- Responsible for quoting and tracking sales opportunities within Salesforce CRM
- Support creation and execution of multi-year business development strategies
- Support Kymeta business development through attendance at industry days, symposiums, professional events, conferences, and trade shows
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated experience presenting to senior civilian government personnel
- Ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving growth in the USG business area
- Demonstrated background in solution selling and developing new markets with proven success driving strategic campaign from inception to fruition
- In-depth technical and operational knowledge of satellite communications solutions, ability to quickly articulate Kymeta products and services
- Demonstrated high-energy leader who will drive performance
- Candidate must have a security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Must have a University Degree (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience), with at least seven years of experience in selling high-value, high-revenue, complex sales to a wide range of customers from technical representatives to management level
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.