Principal P&T Software Engineer
Who We Are
Kymeta’s mission is to enhance lives by unlocking the potential for global satellite and cellular broadband communications while on the move. We do this through our innovative solutions, best in class technologies that meet and exceed our customers’ requirements.
Our core principles define the character and spirit of our employees and how we operate. We are committed to fostering a customer focused culture by creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is rooted in supporting its employees and our corporate social responsibilities.
What We Need
Kymeta is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to make pivotal contributions in the area of Pointing and Tracking. A successful candidate will immediately take on a role of technical leadership and demonstrate deep expertise in the intersection of mathematics, software, and the ability to influence people. The responsibilities of the role will include the development of mathematical algorithms for the calculations necessary to quickly and accurately locate satellites. This will involve hands on algorithm development. The role will also involve the implementation of those algorithms in software, and the testing of the implementation. Finally, as a principal engineer, the role will necessarily involve the influencing of people; both inside of the organization, and outside of it.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, document, and test mathematical pointing and tracking (P&T) algorithms
- Lead the development of simulation tools that can be used to verify the P&T algorithms
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other employees
- Evaluate project proposals and influence business partners
- Develop effective project plans
- Deliver software solutions which meet real-time requirements
- Guide and implement strategies for unit-level test and validation
- Provide thought leadership in new technology introduction (NTI)
- Take responsibility for the completion and delivery of features in new product introduction (NPI)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in Matlab
- Expertise in Linux SW development
- Deep understanding of control systems theory
- Highly proficient in embedded C/C++ development
- Highly proficient in Python for high-level automation
- 10+ years of technical experience in software development
- Experience mentoring, reviewing, and advising software developers
- Background in physics a plus
- Knowledge and experience in signal processing a plus
- Knowledge and experience in AI / ML (including hardware acceleration) a plus
- Knowledge and experience with extended Kalman filters (EKF) a plus
- Knowledge and experience with drone flight controllers a plus
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge and experience, M.S. preferred
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.