Coordinación Productividad Operativa / Asst Supt, Div MX
This position oversees train operations and is responsible for the safe and efficient movement of all trains within an assigned territory of high scope, size, or volume. Ensures the safety of crews and meets operational and financial targets as outlined by the Transportation Service Plan (TSP) and associated Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
Works on a variety of issues where analysis requires evaluation of multiple factors, including business objectives and trends. Adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges within a functional area; defines department’s operating standards. Translates the business unit’s vision into plans and guides execution. Plans and prioritizes work to meet department commitments aligned with company goals and financial responsibilities. Manages the progress toward stated goals and execution of corporate policy. Manages professional teams comprised of individual contributors and/or supervisors. Participates in the interview and selection process, provides training and mentorship, offers career development guidance, and is engaged in performance management. Provides timely and constructive coaching and feedback; develops staff and provides challenging opportunities. Reports to a people leader at a higher career level.
- Manages the operational testing program by observing, documenting, and evaluating safe work practices per GCOR (General Code of Operating Rules), communicating results, and utilizing the elevation process, if necessary.
- Facilitates employee meetings and programs to emphasize safety and discuss safety risks.
- Investigates accidents and incidents, determines root cause, and resolves or escalates.
- Works closely with management on strategic coordination of multiple complex plans, subdivisions, terminals, and customer bases.
- Meets the tactical goals of the TSP (Transportation Service Plan) by managing equipment and staff, reporting results, and recommending solutions. Metrics may include equipment dwell, on-time train origination, right car/right train, work order compliance, customer performance reporting, and accuracy.
- Manages crew starts, crew size, and overtime in a cost effective manner.
- Facilitates smooth transfers between territories.
- Serves as a first responder to critical incidents.
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, performance, and termination of staff.
- Grows relationships and is an effective partner through strong daily communication with Mechanical, Engineering, Signaling, MLU (Management of Locomotive Utilization), NOC (network Operations Center), and foreign line carriers.
- Utilizes MCS (Management Control System) and computerized planning tools to create trip plans and make tactical adjustments to the TSP.
- Provides subject matter expertise to Marketing as they set up service plans to meet customer needs.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a job related major field of study
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant professional experience, including leading and managing projects or programs with outcome-focused deliverables, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience directly or indirectly leading a team
- Network Operations experience
- Shift work is an essential function of this job. Employees must have the ability and willingness to support critically important railroad operations 24 hours per day/7 days per week, working various shifts as assigned. Schedule assignments may include after-hours, weekends and holidays.
- Business travel is an essential requirement of this job. Employees must be able and willing to travel away from their primary work location up to 50% of the time.
- Complete health and welfare benefits package
- Competitive salary
- Incentive plan
- Vacation plan
We value a culturally diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer while providing reasonable accommodations for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. The talent selection process for vacant positions at Kansas City Southern de México, S.A. de C.V. (KSCM) is governed by the principles established in its Labor Equality and Non-Discrimination Policy, in accordance with the provisions of section III of Article 1 of the Federal Law to Prevent and Eliminate Discrimination (LFPED), and applies to applicants internal and / or external alike. In addition, KCSM does not request clinical tests and / or desk tests from applicants as part of the decision-making process during selection.
In 1887, Arthur Stilwell constructed a north-south railroad while others were heading east and west, setting the tone for a century-old legacy of outstanding vision; entrepreneurial spirit; resilience in the face of adversity; and, willingness to challenge conventional wisdom. Building on that legacy, our culture is further defined by a new vision for the future and a core set of values - Safety, Customer Focus, Communication, Teamwork, Initiative & Innovation, and Diversity & Civility. We believe that the way we do business is as important as the business we do.
In addition to a culture that allows employees to thrive, we encourage resourcefulness with an award, recognizing employees who see a problem (or opportunity), find a solution, and use whatever authority and resources are available to get a job done well - accomplishing what was previously thought could not be done.
If you want to do work that is creative and strategic, be heard, grow professionally, be valued by your employer, and know that you are making an important contribution to an essential industry, a global supply chain, and the larger economy, Kansas City Southern may be the place for you.