Analista de Datos / Spec, Business Analytics
This position is part of the Business Analytics team supporting the Operations department, the team responsible for managing the largest expenditures in the company – people and locomotives. As the analyst supporting the team you provide the integral function of managing multiple models and supporting departmental needs through analytics. This role helps drive the continuous improvement vision - which is to use data analysis and visualization in order to drive fact-based decision-making while imparting continuous improvement knowledge.
The analyst supports the Operations team by interacting with key business partners including Payroll, Mechanical, Field Operations, and the Network Operations Center in order to track asset use and efficiency as well as provide data for cost and performance tracking. This position works closely with the Finance team to provide budget and pacing performance in order to support cost controls. This role identifies and highlights key challenges and improvement opportunities to leadership using data and visualization.
Receives instruction, guidance, and direction from others. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Works on sub portions of projects using knowledge developed through education or experience. Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed.
- Performs analysis to discover opportunities for improvement and work with business stakeholders to put improvements in place
- Works across the organization to gather data, engineer features, and produce models that can be deployed into a production environment
- Combines data from disparate sources and visualize it to provide insights not previously discovered
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a job related major field of study
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s Degree in Data Science, BI or Analytics
- Eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in data analysis, preferably in the transportation industry
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal/written communication, and the ability to present and explain technical concepts to business audiences
- Experience with the Microsoft Stack: SQL Server Management Studio, Power BI, Azure ML Studio
- Experience with advanced data analysis in Excel and Python
- Ability to manage multiple sets of priorities and deliverables in a fast-pace environment
- Strong facilitation, active listening and interpersonal skills
- This position has a regular full time schedule with a normal work week of Monday through Friday. There may be a need for occasional work after hours or weekends.
- This position may require minimal travel up to 10% of the time.
- Complete health and welfare benefits package
- Competitive salary
- Incentive plan
- Vacation plan
We value a culturally diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer while providing reasonable accommodations for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. The talent selection process for vacant positions at Kansas City Southern de México, S.A. de C.V. (KSCM) is governed by the principles established in its Labor Equality and Non-Discrimination Policy, in accordance with the provisions of section III of Article 1 of the Federal Law to Prevent and Eliminate Discrimination (LFPED), and applies to applicants internal and / or external alike. In addition, KCSM does not request clinical tests and / or desk tests from applicants as part of the decision-making process during selection.
In 1887, Arthur Stilwell constructed a north-south railroad while others were heading east and west, setting the tone for a century-old legacy of outstanding vision; entrepreneurial spirit; resilience in the face of adversity; and, willingness to challenge conventional wisdom. Building on that legacy, our culture is further defined by a new vision for the future and a core set of values - Safety, Customer Focus, Communication, Teamwork, Initiative & Innovation, and Diversity & Civility. We believe that the way we do business is as important as the business we do.
In addition to a culture that allows employees to thrive, we encourage resourcefulness with an award, recognizing employees who see a problem (or opportunity), find a solution, and use whatever authority and resources are available to get a job done well - accomplishing what was previously thought could not be done.
If you want to do work that is creative and strategic, be heard, grow professionally, be valued by your employer, and know that you are making an important contribution to an essential industry, a global supply chain, and the larger economy, Kansas City Southern may be the place for you.