Analista Sr de Aseguramiento de Calidad / Sr Analyst, Quality Assurance
This position provides advanced test support and carrys out software quality assurance activities across multiple applications of varying complexity. It evaluates a number of interrelated variables to select the tools necessary to solve testing issues that may span multiple products. May take a lead role in the planning, design, maintenance, and implementation various testing activities ranging from manual to automation. It works with development teams to identify vulnerabilities in the functional frameworks and to troubleshoot issues with test tools and scripts. This position provides technical mentorship and peer review to other associates for complex testing activities. It consults with other groups within the organization to understand their practices and to propose solutions for streamlining testing activities. It plans, develops, maintains, and executes a wide range of highly complex quality tests with full competency to ensure software functions according to specified standards and end-user requirements. It performs complex testing and analysis activities which involve interaction among multiple, interdependent systems, evaluation of numerous variables, and application of product-level knowledge and experience.
Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Leads projects with moderate scope, risks, and resource requirements. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Develops and manages operational initiatives to deliver tactical results.
- Improves Quality Assurance processes and tools used by KCS IT. Reviews KCS Quality Assurance processes and tools and looks for improvement opportunities.
- Creates test strategies to coordinate, plan, design, execute and follow up the QA functions in a given project.
- Creates test scenarios, test cases, user acceptance test scenarios, conduct testing, follows up defects until resolution, logs test results and creates test progress reports. Conducts quality reviews of documents throughout the project life cycle prior to sign off.
- Oversees the testing activities of Quality Assurance analysts to ensure the conformance with the established KCS Quality Assurance processes. As needed, reviews the testing, testing artifacts, and schedules for those in a test analyst role on a project.
- Guides the business users on IT projects through the user acceptance testing phase of a project.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a job related major field of study
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Training in software testing, quality assurance, and software testing tools.
- Knowledge of a variety of types of testing - black box, automation, white box, grey box, risk based testing.
- Demonstrated understanding of a variety of application development processes
- Understanding of different test approaches (keyword-driven, Data-driven, BDD, hybrid)
- Experience with test script automation
- Ability to learn new tools & technologies quickly.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and functions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple efforts in parallel.
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms, ETL, and APIs.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with GIS technology and data.
- Railroad and/or transportation knowledge
- This position has a regular full time schedule with a normal work week of Monday through Friday. There may be a need for occasional work after hours or weekends.
- This position may require minimal travel up to 10% of the time.
- Complete health and welfare benefits package
- Competitive salary
- Incentive plan
- Vacation plan
We value a culturally diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer while providing reasonable accommodations for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. The talent selection process for vacant positions at Kansas City Southern de México, S.A. de C.V. (KSCM) is governed by the principles established in its Labor Equality and Non-Discrimination Policy, in accordance with the provisions of section III of Article 1 of the Federal Law to Prevent and Eliminate Discrimination (LFPED), and applies to applicants internal and / or external alike. In addition, KCSM does not request clinical tests and / or desk tests from applicants as part of the decision-making process during selection.
In 1887, Arthur Stilwell constructed a north-south railroad while others were heading east and west, setting the tone for a century-old legacy of outstanding vision; entrepreneurial spirit; resilience in the face of adversity; and, willingness to challenge conventional wisdom. Building on that legacy, our culture is further defined by a new vision for the future and a core set of values - Safety, Customer Focus, Communication, Teamwork, Initiative & Innovation, and Diversity & Civility. We believe that the way we do business is as important as the business we do.
In addition to a culture that allows employees to thrive, we encourage resourcefulness with an award, recognizing employees who see a problem (or opportunity), find a solution, and use whatever authority and resources are available to get a job done well - accomplishing what was previously thought could not be done.
If you want to do work that is creative and strategic, be heard, grow professionally, be valued byyour employer, and know that you are making an important contribution to an essential industry, a global supply chain, and the larger economy, Kansas City Southern may be the place for you.