Surgery Registered Nurse 15,000 Sign-on Bonus -Full Time
Mandatory COVID-19 guideline:
As of March 15th, 2022, all onsite JSH employees must have received the necessary doses to complete the COVID-19 vaccine series (i.e., one dose of a single-dose vaccine or all doses of a multiple vaccine series) or have been granted a qualifying exemption, or are identified as having a temporary delay as recommended by the CDC. New hires also will be required to comply with this requirement before working onsite at any JSH facility.
To coordinate and implement quality nursing care for the surgical patient in an efficient and safe manner consistent with Standards of Care. Performance consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the unit and JSH may be demonstrated by remaining flexible to change, integrating quality in daily work habits, and treating all customers and peers with respect and consideration.
• ON-CALL COVERAGE AND ROTATION FOR NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS IS REQUIRED.
• Practices within the scope of license.
• Administers medication observing the "5 rights".
• Administers medication correctly based on patient's age and clinical condition.
• Utilizes two identifiers for proper patient identification.
• Performs skills and tasks required by unit expectations.
• Completes nursing HX and assessment accurately within expected time frames.
• Responsible and accountable for all actions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nursing Degree from accredited school of Nursing.
• Licensed in the state of Kentucky or compact state.
Required Licenses: Registered Nurses
• BLS certification – American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) or American Red Cross (Healthcare Provider) required, must be current.
• ACLS within 90 days of hire date or transfer to the department.
• PALS preferred.
Minimum Work Experience:
• Two years of med-surg or comparable experience, proficient in venipuncture/IV therapy.
This position is located at 320 W. 18th St., Hopkinsville, KY. View the Google Map in full screen.