Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 2,000 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined architecture, engineering, information technology, and related services for K-12 schools, higher education, and to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #59 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Visit our website at JMTArchitecture.com
Position summary: Responsible for performing all phases of architectural work from conceptual design through construction administration.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned major project, including investigation, evaluation and recommendation of design solutions that best meets the client's needs.
- Provide professional architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large complex projects.
- Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- May provide technical guidance to less experienced architects.
Nonessential functions and responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as Revit, SketchUp, or AutoCAD
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture
- Minimum of 6+ years of architectural design experience
- Professional Architect License
- Masters of Architecture
- LEED AP accreditation preferred.
- Experience in education, transportation and community architecture
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
This position is located at 40 Wight Ave., Hunt Valley, MD. View the Google Map in full screen.