Junior Interior Designer
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 2,000 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined architecture, engineering, information technology, and related services for K-12 schools, higher education, and to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #59 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Sponsorship not available for this position.
Visit our website at JMTArchitecture.com
Position Summary: This opportunity is for a junior interior designer that is creative, passionate about design, and values a team environment. The ideal candidate will be able to balance their creativity with functionality to ensure our clients’ vision is understood and translated into beautiful, purposeful spaces. Would work on project teams in our corporate, community and education studios.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and update space plan concepts
- Selection and coordination of finish materials and furniture systems
- Collaborate on multiple projects under the supervision of senior level staff for all phases of design
- Assist project team with coordination of drawings, specifications and materials
- Production of design drawings in AutoCAD and REVIT
Nonessential functions and responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT
- Ability to work well in teams and with multiple disciplines
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Creative Adobe Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
- Minimum 4-year college degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Working towards Interior Design Licensure/Certification
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in an Architecture of Interior Design firm is required
JMT Architecture offers a hybrid work schedule. Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Building Relationships and Teamwork
- Client Focus
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
This position is located at 40 Wight Ave., Hunt Valley, MD. View the Google Map in full screen.