Senior Market Research Manager
- Norwalk, Connecticut
- San Francisco, California
- Culver City, California
- Washington, District of Columbia
- Seattle, Washington
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Chicago, Illinois
- New York, New York
- Troy, Michigan
- Sunnyvale, California
Who We Are:
Ipsos is one of the world’s largest research companies and currently the only one primarily managed by researchers, ranking as a #1 full-service research organization for four consecutive years. With over 75 different data-driven solutions, and presence in 90 markets, Ipsos brings together research, implementation, methodological, and subject-matter experts from around the world, combining thematic and technical experts to deliver top-quality research and insights. Simply speaking, we help the biggest companies solve some of their biggest problems, serving more than 5000 clients across the globe by providing research, data, and insights on their target markets. And, we’re proud to share we’ve received our Great Place to Work Certification for 2022!
Observer offers fast and on-demand access to real consumers, citizens and business across all markets and modes. With a flexible service model, we provide a high-end 24/7 DIY platform for clients to build their own surveys as well as assisted service for those who prefer to work directly with a researcher. We are specialized in survey management, data collection and data delivery, well suited to clients that don’t need analysis and recommendations, but still require execution delivered in a format that helps them run analysis quickly and accurately with data they can trust.
What makes this role important at Ipsos?
Ipsos Omnibus conducts strategic research in partnership with clients from a variety of different brands and agencies. We understand and manage issues, advance reputations, determine and pinpoint shifts in attitude and opinion, enhance communications, and evaluate policy. We provide clients with advice that goes beyond reporting on data, based on a concrete understanding of the issues and their context.
What you can expect to be doing:
• Making projects happen: Coordinating and independently managing survey research projects from bidding to completion of study, while being mindful of fast paced schedules and budgets, and working closely with teams in other departments to ensure the projects run smoothly.
• Manage and coordinate the following internal departments: Scripting, Quality Assurance, Translation, Sampling, Design, and Coding/Data Processing
• Assisting in the design of research instruments (questionnaires, quotas, sampling.) including implementing feedback into execution of study and validating survey links.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at all phases of cycle with the ability to maintain strong schedules and deadlines.
• Data analysis planning and data verification including understanding of cross-tabulation plans, verifying datasets, and understanding of basic dataset manipulation.
• Maintaining and strengthening client relationships through exceptional service and serving as a resource to client service teams in resolving routine issues and escalating more complex questions if issues arise.
What success in this role looks like:
This is a Mid-level opportunity for a professional pursuing a rewarding career in market research. This position will directly support Ipsos’ clients in delivering the highest quality research and advisory services. You will manage online/quantitative projects while providing support on the day-to-day responsibilities associated with multiple and concurrent studies. You will work directly with internal and external clients, providing them with a high level of service while executing a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment.
This might be the job for you if you have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in a related major such as business management, marketing or communications, with 3-4+ years’ experience in research and/or consulting.
• Strong statistical skills and knowledge of research methods (including but not limited to questionnaire development, market research, sampling).
• Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). In particular, high proficiency in Excel
• Experience with SPSS
• Demonstrated capacity to work as a team member and engage in continuous learning.
• Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and time management skills, including balancing multiple priorities. It is important to be able to work well independently and autonomously within a strong team environment.
• Self-motivated individual who thrives in deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally verbally and in writing (emails, memos, reports).
• You enjoy being given complex problems to solve and looking for ways to solve them creatively and efficiently.
• Most importantly, we are looking for someone eager to learn.
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage all who feel they might be a fit for the opportunity to apply. We may consider a variety of backgrounds for a particular role and are also committed to considering candidates for available positions throughout our organization, not just the one you’re applying to!
The salary range for this role in New York, NY is $65,000 to $130,000. Your final base salary will be determined based on several factors which may include but are not limited to location, work experience, skills, knowledge, education and/or certifications.
What’s in it for you:
At Ipsos you’ll experience opportunities for Career Development, an exceptional benefits package (including generous PTO, healthcare plans, wellness benefits), a flexible workplace policy, and a strong collaborative culture.
To find out more about all the great reasons to work at Ipsos, how we’re making an impact around the world, and more about our benefits and employee programs, please visit:
Commitment to Diversity
Ipsos recognizes the necessity of building an inclusive culture that values each employee’s individuality and diverse perspectives. For more than 40 years, our mission has been to generate and analyze data about society, markets, brands, and behaviors to provide our clients with the insights that elevate their understanding of the world. This could not be fulfilled without Ipsos’ diverse employees who compile and analyze this data—they are the essence of who we are and what we do.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, creating an environment that promotes inclusion, and enabling employees from all walks of life to flourish. Ipsos encourages our employees to act in a respectful and responsible manner, in line with code of best practices concerning diversity and inclusion, human rights, equality, and civility for every individual.
Ipsos is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This position is located in United States. View the Google Map in full screen.