Director, Strategic Growth - Customer Experience
- San Francisco
- Culver City
- New York
Who We Are:
Ipsos is one of the world’s largest research companies and currently the only one primarily managed by researchers, ranking as a #1 full-service research organization for four consecutive years. With over 75 different data-driven solutions, and presence in 90 markets, Ipsos brings together research, implementation, methodological, and subject-matter experts from around the world, combining thematic and technical experts to deliver top-quality research and insights. Simply speaking, we help the biggest companies solve some of their biggest problems, serving more than 5000 clients across the globe by providing research, data, and insights on their target markets. And, we’re proud to share we’ve received our Great Place to Work Certification for 2022!
About Customer Experience:
Customer Experience at Ipsos is All Things Customer. Our mission is to equip our clients with the insights they need to make better decisions about their customer experience investments. We do this through CX research and advisory, cross-channel analytics (digital and physical), and CX performance measurement across the customer journey. We are firm believers in the Insights to Action loop, and we provide our clients with tangible CX recommendations and ROI sizing (our approach is called ROCXI). The result of our work is better strategic and operational decisions that drive customer loyalty, retention and growth.
What makes this role important at Ipsos?
We are seeking an experienced business development and relationship management leader for the US Customer Experience Service Line who can identify and shape solutions to client needs leveraging our CX offerings, and when applicable, centralized capabilities and cross-service line offerings.
They will be part of our Strategic Growth team that is responsible for generating net new business through the definition and execution of channel and offering GTM strategies. They will have a strong understanding of the broader Customer Experience landscape: CX Advisory, Service Design, Research & Analytics, and CXM technologies. We expect them to have a proven sales track record, be a thought leader in the CX field and to have a strong presence in the marketplace. We are looking for someone who builds relationships and is comfortable interacting with clients at the C-suite level.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful team in an area of global strategic importance to the Ipsos business. We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic, entrepreneurial colleague, who can make a real difference to our business and be an inspirational role model to our team.
What you can expect to be doing:
This individual will be responsible for generating new business by navigating potential client organizations. They will work collaboratively with a team of CX subject matter experts in advisory, service design, research, analytics and technology to develop meaningful outreaches and solution against client objectives.
· Establish a strong understanding of Ipsos CX’s offerings, competition, and business strategy
· Research the latest in the prospect’s industry, CX industry and competitive marketplace to define meaningful positioning of our offerings
· Develop go-to-market strategies and outreach/engagement plans; scale what works
· Connect with senior, decision-making prospects with a tailored value proposition that positions Ipsos CX against their known or anticipated needs
· Maintain long-term relationships with prospects to stay top-of-mind until an opportunity arises
· Effectively qualify opportunities with a clear understanding of client need, timeline and budget
· Determine the proper moment to go from individual prospect engagement to team collaboration with CX subject matter experts and others throughout the Ipsos eco-system
· Engage best-fit experts to collaborate on scoping, solution development and pricing strategy
· Develop pitch and proposal collateral that resonates with clients and tells a story
· Coordinate with internal teams and client timelines the pursuit approach; lead execution
· Play a lead client-facing role from initial outreach through final proposal presentation
· Represent Ipsos CX at industry conferences and CX/Ipsos-led events
GOVERNANCE & FINANCIAL EXPECTATIONS
This individual is expected to demonstrate strong organizational and business management skills.
· Manage the pursuit cycle end-to-end, including with our Finance and Legal partners
· Accurately manage your pipeline and activities across systems/tools
· Generate new business that meets our Gross Margin and Profitability requirements
CONTRIBUTIONS TO SERVICE LINE DEVELOPMENT
With a pulse of the CX market and emerging/trending client needs, this individual is expected to contribute to new offering development that captures whitespace in the market and/or provides us with competitive advantage.
· Identify new offering opportunities and contribute to their development
· Identify opportunities for Thought Leadership, and where relevant, lead content creation
· Collaborate with our Marketing organization on scaled CX campaigns and activations
· Contribute to the optimization of channel strategies and sales operations
CX KNOWLEDGE EXPECTATIONS
While the role does not require direct delivery of the crafted solution, this individual is expected to understand our delivery capabilities to ensure the client solution can be delivered with excellence. Knowledge of the CX discipline also allows them to identify opportunities, conduct impactful discovery conversations, and participate meaningfully in solution development with deep subject matter experts:
- CX insights methodologies, including:
· Customer journey and persona development
· NPS / CSAT
· Omnichannel touchpoint/interaction measurement
· Relationship studies
· Root cause analytics
· Customer data analytics
· Engagement analytics across digital properties
- CX activation strategies, including:
· Prioritization and roadmapping CX improvement opportunities
· Estimating ROI of CX investments
· Service Design
· CX Organizational communications and embedment
- Knowledge of contemporary CX Measurement platform solutions, such as Medallia, In-Moment, Qualtrics and others.
- Knowledge of survey design, sampling and industry standard data collection methods will be essential to success. Experience with international data collection is also an asset in this role.
The following KPIs will be agreed upon with your direct supervisor and approved by the Service Line Leader:
· # Meetings Secured
o To aid in our objective to drive top-of-funnel activity, securing meetings with senior, decision-making CX leaders for both short- and long-tail opportunities is a critical component of this role. Meetings may be virtual or in-person.
· # Qualified Opportunities
o Conversion from meetings to qualified opportunities demonstrates effective targeting and prospecting. Qualified opportunities are defined as having a known/stated client problem statement or need, defined timeline for decision, and budget range
· # Wins (Count/Revenue)
o Wins occur through collaborative efforts on well qualified opportunities, and they are the ultimate demonstration of impact from top-of-funnel efforts. New business must be aligned with our pricing strategy, and there will be special consideration for success in converting emerging offerings and our growth areas in advisory/analytics
This might be the job for you if you have:
· Minimum 7 years’ professional experience in CX business development and solutioning
· Successful track record in new business development and closing complex research, advisory and technology solution sales
· Substantial experience in client relationship management
· “Team Player” who leads, contributes and shares success
· Intellectually curious with a growth mindset; willing to try new things and continuously evolve
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage all who feel they might be a fit for the opportunity to apply. We may consider a variety of backgrounds for a particular role and are also committed to considering candidates for available positions throughout our organization, not just the one you’re applying to!
The salary range for this role in New York, NY is $85,000 to $175,000. Your final base salary will be determined based on several factors which may include but are not limited to location, work experience, skills, knowledge, education and/or certifications.
What’s in it for you:
At Ipsos you’ll experience opportunities for Career Development, an exceptional benefits package (including generous PTO, healthcare plans, wellness benefits), a flexible workplace policy, and a strong collaborative culture.
To find out more about all the great reasons to work at Ipsos, how we’re making an impact around the world, and more about our benefits and employee programs, please visit: US - https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/careers/opportunities-ipsos CA - https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/opportunities-ipsos
Commitment to Diversity
Ipsos recognizes the necessity of building an inclusive culture that values each employee’s individuality and diverse perspectives. For more than 40 years, our mission has been to generate and analyze data about society, markets, brands, and behaviors to provide our clients with the insights that elevate their understanding of the world. This could not be fulfilled without Ipsos’ diverse employees who compile and analyze this data—they are the essence of who we are and what we do.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, creating an environment that promotes inclusion, and enabling employees from all walks of life to flourish. Ipsos encourages our employees to act in a respectful and responsible manner, in line with code of best practices concerning diversity and inclusion, human rights, equality, and civility for every individual.
Ipsos is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This position is located in United States. View the Google Map in full screen.