Sales Development Representative - Saas/Tech
Synthesio is a global organization with offices in NY, London, Paris, Brussels and Singapore. Best way to define us is as an “established startup” with a team of about 140 employees, created in 2006 and which is recently part of IPSOS group, one of the leaders in global market research.
We are a technology company that provides a Social Intelligence platform to our customers that allows them to make sense of the chatter that goes on throughout social media. Essentially, we pull large sets of unstructured conversations that occur on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram etc, blogs, forums, and using our proprietary technology and analytics, we can offer to our customers a way to understand what these discussions mean to their brands.
We sell into the Marketing or Communication leaders in large F1000 companies - such as Mastercard, Nissan, Estee - or large agencies - such as WPP. Best way to think of the Synthesio solution is that we are offering an innovative take on classic Market Research, Consumer Insight or brand management that is powered by conversations happening real-time on social media.
About our Culture
Global: Global organization, very flat, we interact daily with all offices, all time zones, more than 30 different cultures, so we appreciate being open minded, respectful.
Simple: We take pride in finding simple solutions to complex problems, so we look for scalable solutions, we are prone to looking for/ giving feedback, being assertive, honest.
Fun: We believe that autonomy, trust, conviviality, being one self and have fun is the best way to flourish and give the best of oneself
In this entry level, high-tech sales and marketing role, you will generate qualified leads for our Sales team via account research and targeted outreach. This is an exciting opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor and learn about all facets of our company. As the Business Developer, you will play an essential role in meeting Synthesio’s aggressive growth expectations as you generate new business opportunities to fuel the development of our EMEA pipeline.
- Researching accounts, identifying key players, generating interest, and developing accounts to drive business development
- Scheduling discovery calls for Account Executives
- Conducting high-level discovery and educational conversations with Senior Executives (C-Level, VP/Director) in Target Accounts
- Leveraging your teammates (Sales Management and Account Executives) to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging in order to drive opportunities in regional areas
- Meeting or exceeding your outreach quota
- Recording and documenting all calls and communications in Salesforce in order to identify trends for improvement
- Monitoring social web for sales opportunities and leads
- Reporting on weekly results, both qualitative and quantitative
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends and competition
As a key member of the sales organization, you must have a vibrant and outgoing personality along with an exceptional level of drive and a desire to learn new skills and to build a career in sales and marketing. You should have excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and active listening skills, as well as the ability to easily connect with others.
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience
- 0-3 years of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation, Sales, and/or Marketing
- Positive and energetic phone skills,
- Computer/MS Office proficiency, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Some sales experience preferred, but not required
- Cold-calling/Warm-calling experience, preferred
- Experience working in software or business-to-business environment, a plus
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Navigator, Yesware, LinkedIn also a plus
This position is located at 360 Park Avenue South, New York, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.