Market Research Manager - Public Affairs
Research Manager -Sustainable Development and International Research Team
Ipsos is the world’s third largest market research company, present in 90 markets and employing more than 18,000 people. Our passionately curious research professionals, analysts and scientists have built unique multi-specialist capabilities that provide true understanding and powerful insights into the actions, opinions and motivations of citizens, consumers, patients, customers or employees. We serve more than 5000 clients across the world with 75 business solutions.
Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos is listed on the Euronext Paris since July 1st, 1999. The company is part of the SBF 120 and the Mid-60 index and is eligible for the Deferred Settlement Service (SRD).
ISIN code FR0000073298, Reuters ISOS.PA, Bloomberg IPS:FP www.ipsos.com
Ipsos Public Affairs is a member of the Ipsos Group, a leading global survey-based market research company with offices in 89 countries. Our private sector clients include health insurers, hospital systems, corporate foundations, development NGOs, and consulting and marketing communications firms. Our government clients include the Food and Drug Administration, Veterans Health Administration, Social Security Administration, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Defense Health Agency, U.S. Agency for International Development, and the Federal Trade Commission.
Members of the Ipsos Public Affairs team have degrees in such fields as psychology, sociology, political science, economics, public policy analysis, demography, public health, statistics, international development, marketing, and social sciences. Our research measures the performance of health systems in achieving brand awareness and strength, delivering positive patient experiences, and using research to inform and refine interventions to change consumers’ behaviors.
The Sustainable Development and International Research Team at Ipsos Public Affairs specializes in programmatic evaluations and multi-country social research for a wide variety of clients including: USAID, UN Women, Project Last Mile, the World Bank, UNICEF, Vital Voices, Mondelez International, and others.
To this end, the Team is looking for a Research Manager to help design, deliver, and expand the current work.
- Making projects happen: Designing and managing qualitative and quantitative research projects on time and on budget, working closely with our colleagues in other countries to deliver complex studies in difficult contexts to demanding clients.
- Getting into the client’s business: building understanding of clients’ programmatic issues and the unique and challenging contexts in which they operate.
- Show off your skills: Analyze and interpret results, prepare client reports and presentations, participate in dissemination, from client presentations to conference sessions.
- Build the business: Contribute to business development efforts, proposals, meeting with and pitching clients, presenting at events and conferences.
- Work with others: whether they are within the team, in another country, junior or senior, understand how to juggle competing priorities, manage-up, and get things done across time zones.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and experience:
- You have completed a Masters degree in a related major such as public policy, social sciences, international development, public health, or international relations.
- You have at least three years’ experience in primary research/data collection, preferably in the development world or with hard-to-reach populations.
- You have a strong interest in international development – either the health sector or more broadly – and want your job to serve the greater good.
- You have a strong attention to detail, and to getting things right.
- You are a manager by nature – you enjoy organizing teams towards a common goal.
- You are an excellent multitasker who enjoys juggling multiple priorities.
- You enjoy engaging with clients – helping them figure out what the crux of the issue is, and how to solve it.
- You are an independent worker who enjoys working in a team environment.
- You have an international outlook, have lived or travelled extensively throughout the developing world, and understand that sometimes it takes a little more to get things done.
- You have strong writing skills, and are as comfortable drafting two-page memos to leadership as you are writing long-winded reports.
- You enjoy examining data and figuring out the story that it’s telling.
- You have a strong working proficiency with MS Office (specifically MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and working knowledge of a qualitative or quantitative analysis package.
Ipsos’ Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Ipsos recognizes the necessity of building an inclusive culture that values each employee’s individuality and diverse perspectives. For more than 40 years, our mission has been to generate and analyze data about society, markets, brands, and behaviors to provide our clients with the insights that elevate their understanding of the world. This could not be fulfilled without Ipsos’ diverse employees who compile and analyze this data—they are the essence of who we are and what we do.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, creating an environment that promotes inclusion, and allowing employees from all walks of life to flourish. Ipsos encourages our employees to act in a respectful and responsible manner, in line with codes of best practices concerning diversity and inclusion, human rights, equality, and civility for every individual.
Ipsos is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This position is located at 2020 K Street, NW, Suite 410, Washington, DC. View the Google Map in full screen.