Research Director, Media
Ipsos is the world’s third largest market research company, present in 90 markets and employing more than 18,000 people. Our passionately curious research professionals, analysts and scientists have built unique multi-specialist capabilities that provide true understanding and powerful insights into the actions, opinions and motivations of citizens, consumers, patients, customers or employees. We serve more than 5000 clients across the world with 75 business solutions.
Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos is listed on the Euronext Paris since July 1st, 1999. The company is part of the SBF 120 and the Mid-60 index and is eligible for the Deferred Settlement Service (SRD). ISIN code FR0000073298, Reuters ISOS.PA, Bloomberg IPS:FP www.ipsos.com
We are currently looking for a Director within Media Development
As a market research Director within Media Development you will work with some of the largest media & tech companies in the world – and we have the exciting responsibility of being a trusted partner to help solve their business issues through research and insights.
As a key leader, you will build and cultivate strong relationships with our clients and develop the next generation of leaders within your team. This is a challenging and rewarding role for the right person. You will work closely with senior team leaders to grow and strengthen the business, while executing projects to a high standard.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead a team of account managers and senior analysts in the development and execution of research, setting and enforcing high standards for all aspects of a project.
- Lead studies from ideation to presentation, recommending methodologies, overseeing study development, and partnering with our clients daily to design effective research and ensure their needs are met throughout the process.
- Develop and review questionnaires for custom research projects (primarily quantitative but also with qualitative), including campaign measurement programs, tracking, thought leadership studies, behavioral research, and content testing.
- Consult with clients on research design and the analysis plan to ensure key objectives are met.
- Partner with internal and external operations teams to project manage online survey programming, sample management, data processing, and coding.
- Dive into the data to analyze and interpret survey results in story-driven and highly visual PowerPoint reports. The expectation is you will bring insight from secondary sources to deliverables, as well.
- Present research results in-person, via web meeting and over the phone to clients.
- Respond to RFPs, draft proposals and demonstrate your understanding of the global entertainment industry.
- Manage and mentor junior staff members on projects, training, and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of experience in market research, vendor-side preferred.
- Quantitative research chops, with a familiarity with the following methodologies: campaign measurement, tracking, concept testing, brand, pricing, and positioning research.
- Qualitative research experience, including focus groups, IDIs, ethnos, and other modalities. Moderator skills a plus.
- An obsession with entertainment and pop culture.
- You are an awesome team player and an excellent communicator.
- You have experience managing or mentoring junior staff.
- You love, love, love playing with data and creating insights out of raw results.
- You are committed to telling killer stories in presentation and are comfortable creating visuals beyond charts.
- You crave interacting with clients and colleagues and building professional relationships.
- Beyond this, extra points for:
- Proficiency in research methodology, experimental design, questionnaire design, and different sampling approaches.
- Serious skills: Excel and PowerPoint, Google Sheets and Slides these are pretty critical tools of the trade – and an openness to conquering new software.
- Bonus points for SPSS, R, SAS, Photoshop, and data visualization software (Tableau, Looker) experience.
Ipsos’ Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Ipsos recognizes the necessity of building an inclusive culture that values each employee’s individuality and diverse perspectives. For more than 40 years, our mission has been to generate and analyze data about society, markets, brands, and behaviors to provide our clients with the insights that elevate their understanding of the world. This could not be fulfilled without Ipsos’ diverse employees who compile and analyze this data—they are the essence of who we are and what we do.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, creating an environment that promotes inclusion, and allowing employees from all walks of life to flourish. Ipsos encourages our employees to act in a respectful and responsible manner, in line with codes of best practices concerning diversity and inclusion, human rights, equality, and civility for every individual.
Ipsos is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This position is located at 1201 Third Avenue Ste 2550, Seattle, WA. View the Google Map in full screen.