Human Resources Representative, Senior - Training and Development
Do you want to be part of a collaborative team that is leading exciting people initiatives within the organization? This position supports current and future training and development activities that align human capital with business initiatives and strategic goals. We are seeking a Senior Human Resources Representative - Training & Development who will work directly with our business and team members to develop effective, engaging and valuable learning solutions.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Leads the assessment and gap analysis of competencies, knowledge and skills levels and needs from an organization and department perspective.
- Develops and designs training and development programs and all supporting materials, including curriculum and feedback mechanisms.
- Plans and delivers training, including timing, modality, participants, venues and trainers.
- Plans, develops and implements communications, including channels, timing and audience, and written and visual content.
- Monitors, analyzes and trends identified metrics, and presents findings and recommendations.
- Compiles, develops and produces internal and external reports.
- Promotes an environment that supports and encourages the adoption of HPSJ’s vision, mission, values and strategies.
What You Bring:
- Strong assessment, problem-solving and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues, develop effective actions plans and implement to successful conclusion.
- Strong project management, and planning and organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks for self and others
- In-depth knowledge of learning strategies, with ability to select and use methods and procedures appropriate to the situation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate professionally to diverse individuals and groups inside and outside of HPSJ, and document according to standards.
- Strong listening skills, with the ability to synthesize information and facilitate conversations.
- Strong leadership skills, including but not limited to the ability to influence without authority, establish direction, and build alliances and relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to initiate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels inside and outside of HPSJ
- Strong customer service skills, with a commitment to delivering top notch service to all customers.
- Strong presentation skills, including but not limited to the ability to tailor presentations to a specific audience, and identify key messages.
- Strong skills in training needs analysis, with ability to assess needs and measure results.
- Strong training skills, with the ability to develop and deliver innovative and engaging training sessions.
- Capacity to develop and maintain trust and build credibility within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and embrace organizational values, integrate into practices, and foster their manifestation among staff.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, with ability to effectively put principles into practice.
- Basic knowledge of change management theory, with the ability to implement effectively.
- Basic mathematics skills, including the ability to do simple algebra.
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows and Outlook, including the ability to create formulas, charts and graphs.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
What you Have:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least six years in training and development; or.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in training and development
- Experience in healthcare, health plan, managed care and/or Medi-Cal, Medicare, Medicaid.
- Experience in a unionized employment environment.
- Management experience leading a team or department
- Instructional Design
- Valid California driver license and reliable transportation or, the ability to obtain transportation on demand in the counties served by HPSJ if prohibited from getting a driver license due to a medically documented disability.
- CPLP or ODCP Certification.
What You Will Get:
- HPSJ Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust and affordable health/dental/vision (90% paid medical for employees and 100% paid dental/vision for employees) with choices in providers
- Generous paid time off (starting at 3 weeks of PTO, 4 paid floating holidays including employee’s birthday, and 9 paid holidays)
- CalPERS retirement pension program, automatic employer-paid retirements contributions, in addition to voluntary defined contribution plan
- Two flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Assistance Program
- Health Advocacy
- Supplemental medical, legal, identity theft protection
- Access to exclusive discount mall