If you are an HR professional that knows HR systems configuration and best practices read on! This position is responsible for configuration and maintenance of HR systems, analysis and reporting of HR metrics, and will play a key role in the selection and implementation of a new HRIS. Alignment with HPSJ's vision, mission and values, and core HR principles are critical to success. Come join our dynamic and growing organization and make a difference in your community! This job is telework eligible.
Please submit a cover letter along with your application and resume to be considered.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Researches and recommends additions and changes to systems based on errors, issues, best practices, legal requirements, releases, upgrades and other standards.
- Updates and maintains system functionality, obtaining approval for non-routine items.
- Develops and manages implementation plans for new software, releases, upgrades, changes, etc., as directed based on standard systems development lifecycle.
- Manages interfaces between related systems, manual and electronic, internal and external, to ensure efficient and effective integration.
- Monitors, analyzes and trends identified metrics, and presents findings and recommendations.
- Provides hands-on support to systems users, including assistance and issue resolution.
- Identifies, writes and implements procedures, guidelines, documentation and other artifacts; ensures dissemination among staff.
- Manages vendor relationships, including developing and maintaining service agreements for approval, and ensuring compliance with service levels.
- Compiles, develops and produces ad hoc and scheduled internal and external reports; assists end users with reporting needs.
- Trains new and existing users on system functionality; identifies training opportunities.
- Prepares for internal and external audits, and participates in the preparation of recommendations, responses and reports.
- Conducts audits against personnel, confidential, and other documents and files to ensure accuracy and compliance of data and information; develops corrective actions plans for approval.
- Promotes an environment that supports and encourages the adoption of HPSJ’s vision, mission, values and strategies.
What You Bring
- In-depth knowledge of HRIS and/or HCM processes, configuration, integration and reporting best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of two or more human resources functions, such as benefits, training and compensation.
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply systems development lifecycles.
- Basic knowledge of federal and California employment regulations and guidelines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues, develop effective action plans and implement to successful conclusion.
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis and communication/reporting tools and techniques, with ability to perform analysis and resolve problems, and recognize and act on trends.
- Basic knowledge of audit processes, and ability to effectively implement and maintain them.
- Strong vendor management skills, with ability to objectively evaluate, assess, select and manage vendors.
- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; interacts effectively with individuals both inside and outside of HPSJ; establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Capacity to develop and maintain trust, and build credibility within the organization.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in sensitive or emotional situations.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence without authority, establish direction, build alliances and motivate others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively to diverse individuals and groups inside and outside of HPSJ, and explain complex information.
- Strong listening skills, with the ability to synthesize information and facilitate conversations.
- Basic knowledge of change management theory and ability to apply it.
- Commitment to and ability to facilitate the adoption of HPSJ’s vision, mission and values.
- Strong customer service skills, with a commitment to delivering top notch service to all customers.
What You Have:
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field; and
- At least four years in a corporate human resources function; and
- At least three years HRIS or HCM systems administration including configuration, implementation, integration, maintenance, upgrades, testing, processing and reporting; and
- At least two years analyzing HR metrics; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in human resources in healthcare.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP certification.