Intermediate Corporate Data Analyst
Do you want join a new and growing Corporate Analytics department and be a part of exciting initiatives it is leading in the organization and the community? We are seeking an Intermediate Corporate Data Analyst with strong technical abilities, and a passion for using data to drive key business decisions.
What You Will Be Doing:
As the Intermediate Corporate Data Analyst responsible for completing moderately complex service requests per user specifications, and completing accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis, and reporting consistent with internal and external requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective analytic processes, solutions, visualizations, metrics and KPIs, consistent with best practices.
- Creates actionable data insights and collaborates with stakeholders to develop action plans that will deliver meaningful outcomes to the business.
- Works with key business partners to understand business priorities, identify strategic initiatives, and develop effective and timely analytic solutions.
- Delivers analytical insight and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and for an executive
- Supports ad-hoc analytic requests from raw data through presentation quickly, efficiently, and accurately.
- Proposes and implements business metrics for management reviews and works with other departments to design and develop data driven solutions to support business efficiency.
- Develops and maintains various financial, forecasting, analytical and predictive models.
- Supports internal and external audits, and assists in the preparation of recommendations, responses, and reports.
- Collaborates with external and internal stakeholders to maintain the validity and integrity of data sources.
- Maintains appropriate and required data, records, and other operational and regulatory report documentation.
- Compiles, develops and submits internal and external reports and dashboards, including all mandated and regulatory reports, responses and corrective action plans.
- Provides input on analytic best practices; socializes agreed upon practices across the organization.
What You Bring:
- Strong business insight: ability to apply knowledge of the business and the external landscape to advance organizational goals.
- Working knowledge of analytics principles, concepts, best practices and performance measures, with the ability to effectively use, implement and maintain them.
- Intermediate analytical skills and problem-solving skills, including data interpretation, logical thinking, and timely, practical decision making.
- Demonstrates competency in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data with a focus on actionable analytics.
- Intermediate skills in data visualization, with ability to present findings to deliver insight and support decision-making.
- Intermediate skills in SQL Query development, including but not limited to the ability to write SQL scripts for reports, testing, and Tableau data connections.
- Intermediate data storytelling skills, with the ability to clearly deliver data findings to non-tech audiences in a way that conveys context and insight and drives business action.
- Produces work that is accurate and complete.
- Produces the appropriate volume of work.
- Nimble learning: Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures to learn.
- Resiliency: Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Interpersonal savvy: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; interacts effectively with individuals both inside and outside of HPSJ; establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate professionally to diverse individuals and groups inside and outside of HPSJ, and explain complex information.
- Demonstrates initiative; identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action.
- Optimized Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient process to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Meets deadlines.
- Demonstrates a commitment to HPSJ’s strategy, vision, mission and values.
- Intermediate skills in Excel, including ability to create complex formulas, pivot tables, data tables, simulations and solvers.
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Knowledge of ability to utilize statistical methods and techniques (predictive modeling, segmentation, regression, etc.).
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and reporting requirements related to State and federally sponsored healthcare programs (i.e., Medi-Cal, Medicaid).
- Knowledge of healthcare analytics principles, concepts, best practices and performance measures, with the ability to effectively use, implement and maintain them.
- Knowledge of key provider networks/contracting and claims data sets.
What you Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in economics, business, statistics, finance, accounting, information technology, mathematics or a related field; and
- At least three years of experience in financial/statistical analysis and reporting; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in financial or statistical analysis and reporting in a managed care commercial or Medi-Cal health plan including experience with reimbursement coding, contract predictive modeling and pricing analysis for Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or commercial managed care.
- Experience analyzing complex data, managing multiple projects with increasing difficulty and complexity, and developing meaningful reports by drawing accurate conclusions from the data.
What You Will Get:
- HPSJ Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust and affordable health/dental/vision (90% paid medical for employees and 100% paid dental/vision for employees) with choices in providers
- Generous paid time off (starting at 3 weeks of PTO, 4 paid floating holidays including employee’s birthday, and 9 paid holidays)
- CalPERS retirement pension program, automatic employer-paid retirements contributions, in addition to voluntary defined contribution plan
- Two flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Assistance Program
- Health Advocacy
- Supplemental medical, legal, identity theft protection
- Access to exclusive discount mall
- Education and training reimbursement in addition to employer-paid elective learning courses.
- A chance to work for an organization that is mission-driven – our members and community are at the core of everything we do.
- A shorter commute – if you’re commuting from the Central Valley to the Bay Area.
- Visibility and variety – you have a chance to work with people at all levels of the organization, and work on diverse projects.
- Continuously improve the health of our community.
- We provide healthcare value and advance wellness through community partnerships.