Application Support Engineer, Intermediate
Do you want to work with a new team and be a part of developing an exciting area within the organization? We are seeking an Intermediate Application Support Engineer with strong technical abilities, innovation, and a passion for providing quality support to our teams.
This role will be fully remote until October, and then will have the option to be partially or fully remote while residing in California proceeding our onsite work re-opening.
What You Will Be Doing:
As the Intermediate Application Support Engineer, will be responsible for implementation and support of business applications, middleware, and related technologies.
- Performs business application management, by installing, configuring, testing and deploying business applications within IT Operations.
- Provides change management communication regarding application changes, outages and problems in advance to end users.
- Administers the planning and performance of back-up and recovery processes for all applications and data.
- Installs, configure, test and deploy applications.
- Performs technical research and development to enable continuing innovation in business applications.
- Defines application integration architecture; collaborates with application development team on technology approaches and solutions; develops and tailors process design concepts and implementation plans for the efficient transformation of the automation processes.
- Evaluates and monitors performance of business applications. Takes timely and effective action based on findings.
- Plans and performs preventitive maintenance; identifies and recommends patches, upgrades and add-ons; plans and performs upgrades to critical business applications.
- Prepares and maintains documentation including but not limited to process manuals, software installation and configuration procedures, application patching procedures, user security and administration and maintenance procedures.
- Supports system security by participating in RBAC design and security configuration.
- Provides Tier 3 support, which includes but is not limited to receiving and processing trouble ticket escalations, troubleshooting and resolving application issues; coordinating resolution with customers and support staff, tracking issues, communicating with customers throughout the process, and coordinating handoffs to other team members.
- Provides training and guidance, and reviews work of less senior staff.
What You Bring:
- Produces work that is accurate and complete.
- Produces the appropriate amount of work.
- Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures to learn.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Knows the most effective and efficient process to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Intermediate understanding of client server architecture, databases, server operating systems, APIs and technology stacks.
- Intermediate knowledge of the protocols and tools for systems troubleshooting, protection utilities and add-ons, with the ability to effectively implement them.
- In depth knowledge of common software applications, their functions, operations and integrations.
- Interpersonal skills - interacts effectively with individuals both inside and outside of HPSJ; relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate complex technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences, and write technical specifications.
- Strong listening skills, with the ability to accurately receive and understand messages.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues, develop effective actions plans and implement to successful conclusion.
- Time management and organizational skills. Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Can attend to a broader range of activities. Meets deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to meet with and document customer requests and deliver accurately and timely on requests.
- Demonstrates a commitment to HPSJ’s strategy, vision, mission and values.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate skills in Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion.
What you Have:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or similar; and
- At least 3 years working in IT supporting business applications and/or middleware.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years working in IT supporting business applications and/or middleware.
- Healthcare and/or health plan experience.
What You Will Get:
- HPSJ Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust and affordable health/dental/vision (90% paid medical for employees and 100% paid dental/vision for employees) with choices in providers
- Generous paid time off (starting at 3 weeks of PTO, 4 paid floating holidays including employee’s birthday, and 9 paid holidays)
- CalPERS retirement pension program, automatic employer-paid retirements contributions, in addition to voluntary defined contribution plan
- Two flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Assistance Program
- Health Advocacy
- Supplemental medical, legal, identity theft protection
- Access to exclusive discount mall
- Education and training reimbursement in addition to employer-paid elective learning courses.
- A chance to work for an organization that is mission-driven – our members and community are at the core of everything we do.
- A shorter commute – if you’re commuting from the Central Valley to the Bay Area.
- Visibility and variety – you have a chance to work with people at all levels of the organization, and work on diverse projects.
- Continuously improve the health of our community.
- We provide healthcare value and advance wellness through community partnerships.