Senior Structural Engineer
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
HOK is currently seeking a Senior Structural Project Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, Georgia. Sr Project Engineers will be responsible for the successful delivery of large building projects, including managing and mentoring the team of structural engineers on the project, developing concepts and budgets, and producing the design.
- Looks for ways to improve structural engineering design and design processes.
Project Management and Technical Improvement
- 10% time devoted to Project Management and Technical Improvement initiatives.
- Engineering shall include responsibility for the Project Engineering of large projects from Concept and Schematic design through Construction Documents to Construction.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- Perform site visits to determine engineering strategies for renovation and evaluate existing systems.
- Visit project sites during construction for reviews of quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards.
- Mentoring of engineering staff on projects.
- Participate in business development activities, including conference presentations and industry events.
- Develop fee proposals for new projects and participate in project interviews.
- Ability to Engineer and Deliver projects over $100m.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple practices across HOK’s organization
- Must be able to inspire owners and designers
- Set, monitor and deliver to budgets.
- Project team leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong multi-disciplinary project team leadership
- Able to work creatively to reach solutions to complex problems.
- Proficiency with analysis programs – SAP, ETABS, SAFE, GSA, or similar.
- Bachelors of Science in engineering degree, Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Licensed PE or SE.
- LEED AP or GA required within 12 months of employment.
- Track record of recent successful major projects over $100m.
- 10 years engineering experience.
- Experience in leading or working in integrated teams.
- Experience in design and delivery of LEED Gold or Platinum projects preferred.
- Experience with architecturally significant buildings preferred.
- Experience with construction administration on both large and small jobs.
HOK is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits plan to meet their current and future needs. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage; 401(K) savings plans; disability, life and accident insurance; paid time off (PTO); and parental leave. In addition, HOK employees enjoy a flexible work schedule with the option to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
HOK is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/veterans.