Knowledge Manager - Sustainability
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
HOK is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits plan to meet their current and future needs. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage; 401(K) savings plans; disability, life and accident insurance; paid time off (PTO); and parental leave. In addition, HOK employees enjoy a flexible work schedule with the option to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
We are currently seeking a Knowledge Manager/Marketing Leader to join our Sustainability team. As a Knowledge Manager/Marketing Leader, you will be responsible for supporting HOK's firmwide Sustainability practice by maintaining the knowledgebase and marketing efforts of the practice.
Working Relationships + Market Positioning
- Conduct market research to ensure the practices are conversant with current industry and business issues, market trends and other significant drivers that impact the positioning, winning and delivery of our design services.
- Help to strategize, structure, and implement opportunities for client engagement that position HOK for new design commissions.
- Engage with clients and consultants to foster new opportunities and relationships.
- Support business development initiatives such as external events, industry awards and public relations.
- Research, identify and qualify new leads from both new and existing clients in collaboration with market or discipline leaders across the firm.
- Work directly with firmwide market or discipline practice leaders to position HOK in national and international markets by leveraging our project experience, thought leadership and experts to win new work that sustains a robust and successful practice.
- Support submission of conference abstracts, presentation development of presentations and white papers or articles.
- Develop content for the Sustainable Design Discipline’s representation on hok.com and social media outlets.
Keeper of Market or Discipline Knowledge
- Schedule and organize Sustainable Design Discipline leadership meetings and calls.
- Develop written and graphic content to describe HOK’s sustainable design process, specific project approaches or outcomes, enhanced design and consulting services for the Sustainable Design Discipline.
- Collect, catalog and create current sustainable project data, images and metrics.
- Maintain resumes to support the Sustainable Design Discipline.
- Update collateral material for HOK’s overall messaging strategy.
- Manage firmwide knowledge of the given market’s “most applicable” projects and imagery.
- Maintain staff expertise matrix.
- Coordinate benchmarking data and metrics for sustainable projects and firm rankings.
- Manage content related to sustainability for HOK intranet site.
- Manage credentialing and continuing education for LEED, WELL and related programs.
- Coordinate with firm’s global knowledge management and marketing teams.
- Develop a comprehensive and detailed understanding of HOK’s current and historic portfolio of projects and expertise.
- Create and update market or discipline marketing collateral and resources.
- Support SBTi, AIA 2030, MEP 2040, ASLA 2040, SE 2050 and ESG metric collation and reporting.
- Take personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
Pursuit Development/Securing New Work
- Identify proposal opportunities unique to the Sustainability practice through open RFPs
- Participate in the evaluation of each project pursuit (go/no-go) with the regional practices.
- Prepare Sustainable proposal materials and content for standalone or multidisciplinary projects.
- Lead (or support) regional marketing teams to create, compelling and high-quality responses for qualification, proposals, and presentations.(Complex efforts may require travel for in-person meetings).
- Provide assistance to other offices in proposal/presentation material preparation for MBU/SBU pursuits.
- Develop and curate market-specific content in response to the client request based on industry knowledge and best practices
- Background in or knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues required, background in green building or development preferred.
- Ability to communicate (written, graphic and verbal) and collaborate with multiple offices across HOK, including leadership, industry partners and clients.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and manage multiple teams.
- Must have strong graphic and writing skills and be able to maintain graphic and content quality standards.
- Self-starter and independent worker able to complete tasks efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision or VantagePoint, OpenAsset, CRM, Adobe Creative Suite, Affinity and other relevant software is a plus.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel may be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of marketing experience in the architecture, interior design, sustainability, engineering, construction, or real estate development industry.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in leading successful marketing and business development programs for professional services.
- Ability to work closely with leadership and motivate business development and marketing staff.
Compensation is based on experience, qualifications, education, and location. The reasonably expected salary range for this position in New York City is $85,000-$105,000.
- 133 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 4800, Atlanta, Georgia
- 1065 Ave of the Americas, 6th Flr, New York, New York
- 1 Logan Square, Suite 1510, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania