Architecture Design Professional
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
A Design Professional is responsible for working with the project team to assist the overall effort of completing various project phases, including performing basic architectural assignments and receiving specific and detailed instruction as to tasks required and results expected.
Application must include resume, portfolio and cover letter.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- With direction from the project designer or more senior design professionals, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
- Works closely with design team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- May assist team in construction administration document management.
- May mentor and direct the work of intern staff.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as Enscape, Rhino and Lumion.
- Proficiency in Affinity suite of software.
- Proficiency in Revit and BIM preferred.
- Basic knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Basic knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required
- Portfolio documenting academic and/or professional design work. Must include notes indicating your contributions for each project and your specific role.
- Cover letter including: why you want to work at HOK, an overview of your professional background and what makes you uniquely qualified for the job.
- At least 3 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits plan to meet their current and future needs. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage; 401(K) savings plans; disability, life and accident insurance; paid time off (PTO); and parental leave. In addition, HOK employees enjoy a flexible work schedule with the option to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- 717 N Harwood St Suite 2850, Dallas, Texas
- 1023 Springdale Road, Suite 7B, Austin, Texas