HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Landscape Architect to join our Houston studio. As a Landscape Architect, you will be responsible for working on and leading a full range of assignments in the delivery of all project phases and construction administration as well as scoping work and developing the project approach and work plans for support projects.
- Designs and manages landscape architecture projects.
- Develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architecture projects.
- Demonstrates creative thinking abilities and contributes to Firmwide design excellence and problem solving.
- Demonstrates understanding of the relationship between design and constructability.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Participates in managing client relationship.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Assists in preparation of proposals; participates in interviews and public presentations.
- Understands intra company agreements, contracts and deliverables and assures HOK standards for project management are met.
- May mentor and direct the work of staff.
- Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
- Proactively engages staff and provides opportunities for development.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, GIS, Ecotect, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in BIM, Revit preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or architecture plus minimum 4 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required. Master’s degree in landscape architecture or urban design is also beneficial.
- Portfolio documenting academic and/or professional design work. Must include notes indicating your contributions for each project and your specific role.
- Registration with current license required
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment
HOK is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits plan to meet their current and future needs. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage; 401(K) savings plans; disability, life and accident insurance; paid time off (PTO); and parental leave. In addition, HOK employees enjoy a flexible work schedule with the option to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.