Sr Sustainable Design Specialist
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Sr Sustainable Design Specialist to join our team. As a Sr Sustainable Design Specialist, you are responsible for providing energy and environmental analysis for planning, architecture and interiors projects as well as contributing to marketing pursuits, participating in sustainable consulting services, and managing environmental certification of projects.
- Manage Sustainable Design analysis, conceptual Energy Modeling, Sustainable consulting management, sustainable project management, proposal preparation, LEED Project Administration and Compliance reporting.
- Manage consulting with multiple internal design teams on LEED and sustainable projects.
- Assist clients, engineers and contractors with sustainable design implementation.
- Manage consulting with exterior clients on building and non-building projects and collaborating on firm wide sustainable design and consulting projects. Projects will include LEED-NC, LEED-EBOM, LEED-CI, and LEED-HC. Projects will also include development of sustainable design and operations guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Manage implement office green operations plan
- Support sustainable design education program and LEED AP credential maintenance
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Mentor team members.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Thorough knowledge of sustainability, building science, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Proven presentation and communication skills to both team and client.
- Ability to direct project sustainability responsibilities and LEED certification independently.
- Experience with management of team/resources to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects.
- Strong organizational skills to manage documentation and information and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in team environment and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop, Revit, Sketch-Up, Rhino and/or related software
- Ability to interpret and apply results from energy and environmental performance analysis: Conceptual Energy Modeling; Daylight Analysis; Renewable Energy Systems and feasibility analysis.
- Ability to interpret and apply results from Design Analysis software: Vasari, Ecotect, DIVA, Radiance, DAYSIM, COMFEN.
- Ability to interpret and apply results from Energy Analysis software: EnergyPlus, eQuest, IES.
- Bachelor in architecture, engineering, or sustainable design required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 6 years’ experience
- LEED credential within 6 months required.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.