Architectural Student Internship for Morgan State University Students
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
Our Washington, DC office is currently seeking a Morgan State University student to join our team as a summer intern. As an Architectural Student Intern, you are responsible for performing basic architectural assignments by receiving specific and detailed instruction as to tasks required and results expected.
The successful candidate will be a current Morgan State University student going into their final year of an architecture degree. Please upload a portfolio or provide a link to an online portfolio.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing CAD/BIM.
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models or prepares project boards for client/project team review.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Possess basic hand and drafting skills.
- Basic knowledge in Revit is required.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Basic knowledge in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Currently enrolled in an architecture or related degree program at Morgan State University.
- Previous internship with an architectural or interior design firm preferred.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.