Sr Project Interior Designer - Healthcare
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking an Sr. Project Interior Designer with healthcare experience to join our team. The Sr. Project Interior Designer is responsible for planning, developing, and executing the conceptual design of healthcare and other project types utilizing creativity, foresight and judgment to meet project requirements and objectives to carry out design.
- Conducts programming efforts with clients, including space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Responsible for color and material palettes, selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork.
- Develops conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and renderings.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- In collaboration with project team, responsible for keeping the project, or a phase of a project, on schedule and budget.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Supports the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s, CO’s, and reviews shop drawings.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares for and leads client presentations.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Standards for all projects and processes.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff and may deliver staff performance evaluations.
- Participates in business development activities including project interviews.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare planning, healthcare operational requirements, and technical healthcare design requirements including understanding of interventional, patient care and clinical support areas.
- Advanced knowledge of progressive technical and regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities design and understanding of fundamental departmental organization and functionality.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and how design impacts those systems – public/private space, adjacencies, staff and patient flow, support functions, central plant, etc.
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max, Rhino and Viz 2006.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to direct work efforts of other staff.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or foreign equivalent required.
- 10 plus years’ experience in interiors projects with significant experience with healthcare spaces.
- Experience with replacement buildings and large-scale healthcare campuses.
- Must be a professional Interior Designer and have passed the NCIDQ exam or be a registered Architect with current license required.
- LEED credential required within 12 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.