HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
HOK is currently seeking a full-time Knowledge Manager to join our firmwide planning, urban design and landscape architecture team. This position could be in Houston, New York, San Francisco or Washington, DC (please indicate which office(s) you are interested in when applying). As a Knowledge Manager, you will be responsible for supporting HOK's firmwide Planning practice by maintaining the knowledge-base of the practice as well as working with teams across the firm to promote planning expertise.
The Knowledge Manager will also:
- Work with the Planning team to identify trends and growth areas in the market, and how to best strategically position HOK
- Promote the use of planning, urban design and landscape architecture expertise, thought leadership and projects in the industry by working closely with Firmwide communications team, coordinating web content and social media, attending industry events, and maintaining industry relationships.
- Support market leaders in developing proposal content through research and strong knowledge base of firmwide resources and experience.
- Maintain firmwide market leadership resumes, qualification packages, thought leadership content, etc.
- Provide guidance on project photography through highly marketable shot selections
- Work with Practice leadership to understand the opportunity pipeline, hit rates and ROI, where we are being successful, and areas that need improvement.
- Coordinate with global knowledge management team to align brand standards across HOK
- Coordinate Conference and Client Events - may attend industry conferences.
- Manage submission of speaking engagement proposals and award entries.
- Schedule and organize Planning Discipline leadership meetings and calls.
- Support business development initiatives.
- Provide assistance to all offices in proposal/presentation material preparation for Landscape Architecture and Urban Design pursuits.
- Take personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership abilities.
- Ability to organize and lead others; drives results by planning, prioritizing, and meeting tight deadlines required.
- Ability to work independently with a self-motivated attitude; capable of overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of our organization.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple practices across HOK’s global organization.
- Must be able to be a self-starter, work independently and complete tasks efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Background in or knowledge of urban planning, urban design or landscape architecture issues preferred.
- Must have professional writing skills, strong copy writing skills for press releases and content generation preferred.
- Experience with Deltek/Vantage Point or another CRM preferred.
- Must be highly proficient in InDesign, BlueBeam and Power Point and must be knowledgeable of graphic layout, production and printing methods and techniques.
- Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or technical related field.
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience in architecture, urban design or landscape architecture.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.