Ride Maintenance Technician-YR & PT Openings Available
Multiple openings for Part-Time Seasonal and Full-Time Year-Round positions. Please submit a resume with your submission.
As a member of the Ride Maintenance team, you’ll be responsible for the upkeep of some of Wild Adventure's more than 40 thrilling rides and attractions. Guests travel from all around the country to experience our wide range of attractions, and our team of mechanics works tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure the rides stay up and running safely whenever the park is open. Wild Adventure’s attractions range from the family-friendly roller coasters like Boomerang, Twisted Typhoon and Swamp Thing that rise several stories above our park – so be prepared to work at all altitudes. You will be inspecting rides, performing preventative maintenance and making corrective repairs as necessary, always troubleshooting to determine the most feasible way to solve any problem you may encounter. We’re looking for a safety-conscious self-starter who knows their way around pneumatics, hydraulics, motors and conveyors – and can make an immediate contribution to the team.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual inspections and preventive maintenance towards mechanical systems
- Inspections include testing, verification and/or calibration of applicable mechanical systems.
- Responds to ride calls during operating hours and makes repairs as required
- Diagnoses system failures and provide immediate and corrective action.
- Researches defective mechanically-controlled items/parts and instructional information to complete the repair process when needed.
- Troubleshoots by referring to technical manuals and while utilizing a systematic approach.
- Inputs in log books; completion of inspections, corrective action, and/or repairs made.
- Perform Daily Pre-Operational Safety & Maintenance Inspections on all rides within designated zone (or assigned otherwise).
- Make any necessary repairs to rides prior to opening.
- Document all inspection and repair related items by use of the pertinent inspection sheets and maintenance logbooks.
- Sign Green Tag on those rides ready for daily operation.
- Provide ride maintenance coverage to the park and answer all downtime calls on those rides within designated areas (or otherwise assigned) and determine appropriate action for returning ride to service.
- Document all downtime facts in the associated ride maintenance logbook.
- Perform necessary maintenance on rides during annual maintenance periods.
- Fill out necessary parts requisitions for those items deemed necessary for the proper maintenance of rides under individual’s responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned
BEYOND PAYDAY PERKS:
- FREE Season Admission to Wild Adventures For You and One Guest
- Complimentary Tickets To Give To Others
- Exclusive Team Member Events
- Park Wide Discounts
- Internal Promotions / Career Development Opportunities
- Team Member Recognition and Prizes
- Wholesome, family-oriented work environment
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience—Proficient in the use of common hand tools including torque wrenches. Must have own tools.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak to customers, vendor and employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills—Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of the Metric System in weight measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to use hydraulic/pneumatic schematics and mechanical blueprints during routine maintenance/troubleshooting.
- Reasoning Ability-- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands— The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. Ability to tolerate a year round outdoor environment, with temperatures from 0 to 100+ degrees. Ability to work comfortably at heights up to 200+ feet . Ability to work extended hours. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to stand and walk in inside/outside conditions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move/carry up to 80 pounds. Job risks – Exposure to various chemicals and prolonged exposure to sunlight, and regular use of large equipment including power tools and motorized construction vehicles. Walking, climbing, kneeling, bending, twisting, stooping, crawling, reaching high and low Ability to speak Ability to speak read and writes English well enough to effectively communicate with others.
- Work Environment—Ability to tolerate a year round outdoor environment with temperatures from 0 to 100+ degrees. Ability to work comfortably at heights up to 200+feet. Ability to work extended hours. Exposure to various chemicals and prolonged exposure to sunlight, and regular use of large equipment including power tools and motorized construction vehicles.
- Technical training in related field and/or mechanical aptitude gained from previous professional experience.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- OSHA 10-Hour or 30-Hour course completion preferred.
- Current certification in any related field or equipment-handling certificates desired.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Wild Adventures Theme Park is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Wild Adventures Theme Park drives a welcoming culture where ideas and decisions from all people support our efforts to be relevant in an ever-changing world.
This position is located at 3766 Old Clyattville Road, Valdosta, GA. View the Google Map in full screen.