Animal Keeper Assistant
Entry level position reporting to Zoological Supervisor, Zoological Curator. Under direction by Senior Biologist, Zoological Supervisor, or Zoological Curator the assistant responsibilities will include basic animal husbandry on a daily basis. This will include feeding and cleaning of exhibits and holding to established standards. Assistants will also be responsible for public interactions and educational presentations:
- ability to feed animals following set diet guidelines
- clean assigned animal holding to established standards
- public speaking
- with direction and training from Senior Biologist, Zoological Supervisor or Zoological Curator, the ability to handle education animals
- ability to lift 50 pounds
- ability to follow and understand instructions
- be able to keep a daily written record of animals and events
BEYOND PAYDAY PERKS:
- FREE Season Admission to Wild Adventures For You and One Guest
- Complimentary Tickets To Give To Others
- Exclusive Team Member Events
- Park Wide Discounts
- Internal Promotions / Career Development Opportunities
- Team Member Recognition and Prizes
- Wholesome, family-oriented work environment
BENEFITS: Health Benefits and 401K offered after waiting period
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - The Ability to be given direction, understand the direction and achieve positive results by analyzing the situation, the materials given, and the tasks to be done.
- Communication Skills - Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken or written word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the guests'' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the small things. Like wiping down the stainless steel trash cans in the restrooms or removing spots from the mirrors.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one''s ability using his or her own drive or initiative and not requiring constant supervision to achieve positive results.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
|N (Not Applicable)||Activity is not applicable to this position.|
|O (Occasionally)||Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)|
|F (Frequently)||Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)|
|C (Constantly)||Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)|
|Walk||C||10 lbs or less||C|
|Manually Manipulate||C||21-50 lbs||F|
|Reach Outward||F||Over 100 lbs||O|
|Reach Above Shoulder||F|
|Climb||O||12 lbs or less||C|
|Squat or Kneel||F||26-40 lbs||F|
|Other Physical Requirements|
|Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)|
|Sense of Sound - ability to hear with both ears|
|Sense of Smell|
|Sense of Taste|
|Sense of Touch|
EXPERIENCE: Related experience includes experience either as an intern or paid employee of a pet store, animal breeding facility (horse, dogs, etc), zoo, or aquarium resulting in direct knowledge of Animal Husbandry basics and guidelines.
EDUCATION: Currently enrolled in High School, High School Graduate, or GED preferred
COMPUTER SKILLS: Competency in basic computer applications, including Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must have reliable transportation
Wild Adventures Theme Park is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Wild Adventures Theme Park drives a welcoming culture where ideas and decisions from all people support our efforts to be relevant in an ever-changing world.
This position is located at 3766 Old Clyattville RD, Valdosta, GA. View the Google Map in full screen.